6D Owners' Longer-term Impressions?
/forum/topic/1184196/3

1       2       3      
       end

godfreyz
Total Posts: 1011

I keep reading where the 6D is not for sports. I currently shoot a lot of college basketball games and I use the 7D for the shots and have been happy with it, but not with the high ISO pics from some dark gyms. Does anyone have experience shooting basketball games with the 6D? Am thinking about getting one for sports and for wildlife shooting. Thanks!

PeakPhoto
Total Posts: 236

godfreyz wrote:
I keep reading where the 6D is not for sports. I currently shoot a lot of college basketball games and I use the 7D for the shots and have been happy with it, but not with the high ISO pics from some dark gyms. Does anyone have experience shooting basketball games with the 6D? Am thinking about getting one for sports and for wildlife shooting. Thanks!

I shot a hockey game in a dingy lit arena and it performed great. Yeah the lack of super fast fps wasn't the greatest. But the high ISO performance made up for it. And I didn't really run into any main issues with the focus either. Most are tack sharp (thanks as well to my 70-200 f/2.8 IS II).

I can upload some samples for you if you'd like.

Rickuz
Total Posts: 460

PeakPhoto wrote:
godfreyz wrote:

I shot a hockey game in a dingy lit arena and it performed great. Yeah the lack of super fast fps wasn't the greatest. But the high ISO performance made up for it. And I didn't really run into any main issues with the focus either. Most are tack sharp (thanks as well to my 70-200 f/2.8 IS II).

What is your opinion on the accuracy of the outer focus points, when compared to your old 5D2 and 60D?

Ralph Conway
Total Posts: 3833

Nice Rickuz! You ignore other posters opinion (like mine) as "random forum posts" and ask "Peakphoto" about his "experience".

ISO1600
Total Posts: 4425

haha exactly my thoughts, Ralph.

Ralph Conway

Maybe shooting 5D II for 4 years and comparing its outer points against 6D is not "pro" enough ...

snapsy
Total Posts: 4652

Ralph Conway wrote:
Maybe shooting 5D II for 4 years and comparing its outer points against 6D is not "pro" enough ...

You finally got around to buying a 6D?

Ralph Conway

snapsy wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:

Based on finances I guess it will be April this year:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1150348/34#11346885

godfreyz
Total Posts: 1011

PeakPhoto wrote:
godfreyz wrote:

Would appreciate it.

Ralph Conway

same here

snapsy
Total Posts: 4652

Ralph Conway wrote:
snapsy wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:

Based on finances I guess it will be April this year:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1150348/34#11346885

It's about time That was the longest evaluation cycle in the history of camera buying, even if driven by finances

Paul Mo
Total Posts: 3100

As a 5D3 owner I'm waiting for 5D2 prices to take another drop - I'd like to buy one new at the lowest possible price. Why not a 6D? Nostalgia, ownership of a classic model... but the lure of the 6D's lowlight performance remain.

outlawyer
Total Posts: 1404

Paul Mo wrote:
As a 5D3 owner I'm waiting for 5D2 prices to take another drop - I'd like to buy one new at the lowest possible price. Why not a 6D? Nostalgia, ownership of a classic model... but the lure of the 6D's lowlight performance remain.

Is this a word puzzle?

PeakPhoto
Total Posts: 236

Here are the shots I took (sorry it took me a few days, been out of town)... just don't judge the shots too hard.. I'm a landscape photographer doing a favor for a friend

http://www.peakphotographymt.com/p506466357

I really didn't throw to many out for being out of focus, which was nice. Shot with a 70-200 F/2.8 IS II, which helped too though.

1       2       3      
       end