Metabones Speed Booster
/forum/topic/1181879/28

1       2       3              28      
       30              47       48       end

Photon-hunter
Total Posts: 481

A quick question for those here that know better: Will it be possible to mount M42 lenses (via M42-Contax adapter) to a Contax/Yashica to Nex Speed Booster? Will it function properly and reach infinity?

Thanks!

safcraft
Total Posts: 528

I believe yes, as should work any CONTAX lens with a CONTAX to EF mount on a EF to NEX Speed Booster.

I believe the only problem with adapters is that Metabones recommends the use of ones without electrical contacts, to prevent damaging the SB.

Atlasman2
Total Posts: 176

Jim Schemel wrote:
Atlasman2 wrote:
Jim Schemel wrote:
Has anyone used a speedbooster with a UWA lens like a 12-14mm on a NEX 7? if so what results?
I have a very nice 13mm Vivitar SLR lens that performs very well on my NEX 7 with no purple fringing.I am wondering how it would work with a Speedbooster. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
-Jim

I've tried the Rokinon 14mm f2.8 but could not achieve infinity focus.

How far off were you? Also did you notice any purple fringing? Thanks for the input
-Jim

It was off by a significant amount.

itaintrite
Total Posts: 10

Hey guys, this question probably has been answered to death in the thread but I couldn't find it with search, so sorry for asking again.

I'm planning to purchase the Canon EF Speedbooster to use with adapters for my Nikon and Minolta MD lenses. So AF is pretty useless to me. Will there be a cheaper MF-only version coming out for the NEX?

Thanks.

mcbroomf
Total Posts: 2321

The answer I saw posted a while ago was that they had no plans for one.
Bare in mind that unless you've had your MD lenses converted to an EF mount that you will not get infinity with them.

Mike

itaintrite

mcbroomf wrote:
The answer I saw posted a while ago was that they had no plans for one.
Bare in mind that unless you've had your MD lenses converted to an EF mount that you will not get infinity with them.

Mike

Thanks for the quick, though disappointing, reply. And what if I use an adapter with glass to achieve infinity focus?

mcbroomf

The general consensus is that they are poor quality glass. I looked on ebay and didn't see anything much over $25 which is a good tell. The lenses used in them were also quite small which would prevent the use of fast glass.

Photon-hunter
Total Posts: 481

A MD-Nex SB seems to be on their roadmap (so long as the Minolta lenses donīt pose a tech. challenge they canīt overcome), according to a Metabones member on this very thread (check previous page)...If that is the case, it will obviously be a cheaper manual focus only version. Fingers crossed...

itaintrite

Photon-hunter wrote:
A MD-Nex SB seems to be on their roadmap (so long as the Minolta lenses donīt pose a tech. challenge they canīt overcome), according to a Metabones member on this very thread (check previous page)...If that is the case, it will obviously be a cheaper manual focus only version. Fingers crossed...

Thanks, I also saw this along with a version 2 for the EF to NEX? How will the v2 be any different/better than v1?

StephenS_CP
Total Posts: 78

Looks like the Metabones EF to NEX Speedbooster is back in stock on the Metabones site. I was about to order it but...

...it looks like it ships from Hong Kong and takes 24 days to deliver to the US.

Can this possibly be true?

Jim Schemel
Total Posts: 4804

itaintrite wrote:
Photon-hunter wrote:

Thanks, I also saw this along with a version 2 for the EF to NEX? How will the v2 be any different/better than v1?

Likely better AF that is compatible with more lenses
Jim

inglis
Total Posts: 328

Took about 5 days from Hong Kong to the US
from order to arrival

StephenS_CP
Total Posts: 78

Good news. Thanks, Inglis.

arstein
Total Posts: 101

Works well with all my ef lenses. good customer support

jojomon11
Total Posts: 7238

^ wow not cool at all, I emailed customer support a question about compatibility before I was gonna hit the buy button, but they never responded to my email, Ive moved on and won't even consider them

Taylor Sherman
Total Posts: 1052

Wow, bad.

I was able to get mine adjusted for infinity with the 35/2 cron pretty quickly, it just took a bit more than 360 degree CCW rotation of the elements.

sculptormic
Total Posts: 1236

Just ordered the Speed booster in C/Y mount. Bought a cheap M42 to C/Y adapter as well.
Looking forward to it.

Arstein, I'll think they will help you out. But it ain't good

mcbroomf

Yes, I would be bummed and a little annoyed after receiving that. I got one of the 1st and returned it without any issues (that is NOT the one I returned though.. ...)

Mike

arstein
Total Posts: 101

Received reply from Metabones to send back defective Speed Booster. Sent it Next day priority fed ex under their FedEX account and asked them to ship a new unit ASAP. also noticed on their webpage the units are no longer in stock. I'm a little weary they might try to send back the same adapter. I noted the serial number just in case. Any other experiences with customer service?

wolfloid
Total Posts: 410

Anyone got a photo of how the CV 40/2 Ultron looks on the EF Metabones on an Nex 6 or 7? Particularly showing the extension from the body?

1       2       3              28      
       30              47       48       end