/forum/topic/1180308/14

1       2       3              14      
       16              38       39       end

DontShoot
Total Posts: 1982

cdracingzx6r wrote:
DontShoot wrote:
oh wait, I forgot to post the pic... here's another shot with the Sigma

Wow.. Stunning results with this lens... Were you using the D600 for this shot?

Thanks... yes D600!

traylorc
Total Posts: 188

CRFTony wrote:
Amazon just cancelled my order:

"Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order: "Sigma 340306 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Lens for Nikon (Black)""

Amazon cancelled my order as well...I don't follow the rationale behind proactively cancelling orders.

Nonetheless, I contacted a local brick and mortar and was able to pick up the last one in stock for the Nikon mount.

ct8282
Total Posts: 2198

Pics or it just didn't flipping happen....

Red G8R
Total Posts: 149

ct8282 wrote:
Pics or it just didn't flipping happen....

Who are you flipping responding to?

mco_970
Total Posts: 5284

traylorc wrote:
CRFTony wrote:
Amazon just cancelled my order:

"Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order: "Sigma 340306 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Lens for Nikon (Black)""

Amazon cancelled my order as well...I don't follow the rationale behind proactively cancelling orders.

Nonetheless, I contacted a local brick and mortar and was able to pick up the last one in stock for the Nikon mount.

They just cancelled mine, too. I ordered it same time as my BH order, which actually shipped. Hooray for B&H!

geniousc
Total Posts: 1806

Canon orders for the lens are being filled without problems. I have a hunch the Nikon version has some sort of a focus issue causing a stop shipment. Pure speculation of course. Mine had to go back, focusing was literally all over the place.

Gene

Donzo98
Total Posts: 1376

My Nikon version works great on my D4...

trenchmonkey
Total Posts: 35140

My wife's OMG Quiche, drool suckers!

Alan Ness
Total Posts: 711

Will
I bet you asked for seconds!

Alan

afm901
Total Posts: 418

trenchmonkey wrote:

Recipe please.....

Scott

snapsy
Total Posts: 4419

trenchmonkey wrote:

Up until about 16 I thought Quiche was pronounced "Quick-ee". Adults were too busy laughing to correct my pronunciation.

Bruce Sawle
Total Posts: 4160

Real men don't eat quiche!!

Birdbrooks
Total Posts: 75

trenchmonkey wrote:

Is that dark ale I see in that drinking glass, Will! Hah!

trenchmonkey
Total Posts: 35140

thanks, guys! Actually I had thirds The brew was Malpais Stout '11 GABF Silver medalist
fresh from a growler. Here's a view from 52...the 35 onna cropper. Just love it

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5679

Bruce Sawle wrote:

I consider myself a real man as not only do I eat it, but I make my own!

Bruce Sawle
Total Posts: 4160

jhinkey wrote:
Bruce Sawle wrote:

Ah hell its just a saying all in good humor. I like my quiche unfortunately my wife cant cook toast without burring it and i am only good around the smoker and grill.

afm901
Total Posts: 418

Seriously, recipe please!

Scott

Rodolfo Paiz
Total Posts: 9701

See what you made me do...

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1185810

I'm a wide person (235 pounds), but not a "wide guy". 200mm is short for me. But for some masochistic reason, I keep trying to shoot side sometimes. So the 24 will go, and I'll give the Sigma a try. Maybe if 24 is too wide for comfort, a little less wide might do the trick.

jhinkey
Total Posts: 5679

Bruce Sawle wrote:
jhinkey wrote:
Bruce Sawle wrote:

Ah hell its just a saying all in good humor. I like my quiche unfortunately my wife cant cook toast without burring it and i am only good around the smoker and grill.

I know - I took it as such

elbeasto
Total Posts: 222

ct8282 wrote:
I posted a few samples in another thread but this lens deserves a quick review all of it's own.

The lens arrived about an hour ago and I stuck it straight on the D4 and fired off a few shots about the house. Lighting was poor so I was at ISO500, achieving shutter speeds of about 1/160th to 1/200th and of course was shooting at f1.4, wide open.

Build quality is simply superb. Solid, heavy and just oozes quality from top to bottom. It's so damn sexy looking and feels awesome in the hands. When I was unpacking it the first thing I thought was 'damn the box is small'. I thought they might have sent me the wrong lens. The lens is twice the size of the Nikon 50mm f1.8 but the box is much much smaller. It comes with the usual padded Sigma case which is great.
Autofocus is extremely good for a 35mm f1.4 lens, quick and accurate. I think mine requires around a -2 MFA on my D4 but I need to confirm that with some controlled tests, but for now it looks almost smack on perfect. Most of my Nikons have needed more than this, so thumbs up to Sigma there.

Anyway, sod all of that nonsesne. What about picture quality? Well, HOLY MOLY!! I'll say it again, HOLY MOLY!!

DSC_2673 by ct8282, on Flickr

Let me be very clear here. These are shot at f1.4 and have had NO sharpening applied whatsoever. The only processing was some tweaks to exposure compensation and that's it.

I'm not being funny but there are still some doubters lurking about and I understand that. I have never bought into the non OEM lens thing and have always preferred to pay more for the OEM version. However, based on my very unscientific tests here I have satisfied myself that Sigma have seriosuly delivered, BIG TIME.

Wow indeed, I'm very impressed with how sharp it is wide open.
Why pay all that money for a Nikkor or Zeiss when you can get the Sigma.

1       2       3              14      
       16              38       39       end