Road to Shangri-La
/forum/topic/1179176/0

yorkerinn
Total Posts: 171

Had the pleasure of visiting Death Valley and immediately fell in Love with that Place.One of the best places I have visited.

Nikon D300s with 18-200mm VR

JimFox
Total Posts: 37579

Hi Sanjev,

DV is a very cool place indeed. I like your shot here, my only suggestion would be to have taken the shot from the middle of the road rather then from the edge. But still this looks very inviting.

Jim

MMauro72
Total Posts: 116

JimFox wrote:
Hi Sanjev,

DV is a very cool place indeed. I like your shot here, my only suggestion would be to have taken the shot from the middle of the road rather then from the edge. But still this looks very inviting.

Jim

Very first thing that came to my mind was...I would have liked to see this shot from the middle of the road. Otherwise it's nicely done.

AMaji
Total Posts: 2195

Great image... yes, I agree with taking it from the middle too.. reminds me of shooting near monument valley... need another person to look out for cars behind.

Great vista and very nicely captured.

Rajan Parrikar
Total Posts: 1377

MMauro72 wrote:
JimFox wrote:
Hi Sanjev,

Jim

Very first thing that came to my mind was...I would have liked to see this shot from the middle of the road. Otherwise it's nicely done.

See second image for middle of the road.

http://www.parrikar.com/blog/2012/12/23/on-the-road-again/

Added: and the second pic here -

http://www.parrikar.com/blog/2009/09/30/back/

yorkerinn
Total Posts: 171

Thank you Jim,MMauro & AMaji for your comments.Appreciate your feedback.I also feel that the Image would have looked better if the road was centered.

I am new to landscape photography and have learnt a lot from viewing all the beautiful shots that you all post here on FM.I still have a long way to go.

Great Photos Rajan.

I do have another shot with the road centered,but of a different vista and will post it.

Thanks again

Dingsbums
Total Posts: 166

Love #1 (and Death Valley).
Michael

philtax
Total Posts: 3051

Funny thing, I just spent this morning at DV for the first time. Great vista and I like the high contrast black and white. The shot does a good job of conveying the scale.of the place. On my iPad screen I'm seeing a thin white line at the top of the mountains in #1. Might be my screen or might be a masking artifact.

Phil

doradophoto
Total Posts: 17

Both shots are great but I think I prefer #1.

Kee Woo Rhee
Total Posts: 2356

Such a stunning B/W Death Valley scene. Bravo!
Yes, I like the second shot, road centered, you posted.
-Kee