recommended circular polarizer for 24-70 II ?
/forum/topic/1178859/1

end

eric1
Total Posts: 252

hi peeps. i need a 82mm cpl also. if the Marumi is arguably the best (from the lens tip test), why would anyone pay crazy cpl prices? i bought a blue/gold from SinghRay in 77mm. i would like something really nice!! help me out with WHY you bought what you did. anyone have anything exotic? is it better? how? here's a shot of what the blue/gold can do in the hands of a poser like me! haha

Sheldon N
Total Posts: 652

I have a Hoya HD 82mm circular polizarer. Bought it from MaxSaver.net for a good price (they are $115 currently, but backordered). It's been used primarily with my 16-35 II, but now that I have the 24-70 II it will do double duty there as well.

My experience has been that it has good build quality, no optical issues, compares favorably with my 77mm B+W Kaesemann Polarizer.

ifxbonz
Total Posts: 1730

Pixel Perfect wrote:
Dudewithoutape wrote:
ifxbonz wrote:
I ordered this one

B+W BWCPC82
82mm Circular Polarizer SC Filter
Usually ships in 6-8 weeks 1 $138.00 $138.00

When I purchased mine, though not delivered yet.... but if anyone knows the results I can expect I would like to know now prior to receiving it.

Andy

The SC leads me to believe its Single Coating?

Yes, should have bought the MRC version.

Thanks for the Follow-Up here I'll make the change tomorrow first thing. It hasn't shipped yet. I'm thinking with the upgrade it won't be a problem....That filter did have a no returns disclaimer though? I need on for the 16-35 as well so it will have a dual roll and Slim will be best suited for the wide end.

Andy

ultimaterowdy
Total Posts: 619

many thanks to all for weighing in. really appreciate hearing people's experiences with what they've used. I will likely try out the Marumi.

Mike K
Total Posts: 2251

+1 for the Marumi, they work fine and are not overpriced.

In the Lenstip tests, the Hoyas did not score as well as the B&W with the Hoya HD scoring the best, coming in sixth. Also the Hoyas have had a recent history of occasionally falling apart! This should never happen to a quality CP.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1051748/0#lastmessage

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1003748
Mike K

end