center-pinch lens caps
/forum/topic/1177635/2

1       2      
       end

Keith Broad
Total Posts: 121

I have started using Optek's flip caps. You don't take them off. Fantastic.

Jess Edward
Total Posts: 1955

Keith Broad wrote:
I have started using Optek's flip caps. You don't take them off. Fantastic.

Those look like they would be terrible to use. That cap would constantly get in the way. Do people really lose lens caps so often that they have to get something like that? Ive only ever lost one lens cap in the 10 years Ive been shooting. I just drop them in my bag when I take them off and they never go missing.

ggreene
Total Posts: 1666

Just curious but what is the advantage to center pinch? Off the top of my head the only thing I can come up with is maybe easier to use with gloves. TBH, I've never had any trouble with the caps that came with Canon lenses.

ardvorak
Total Posts: 469

I believe that the primary factor in their favor is that they are much easier to remove from a camera when you have the lens hood mounted, as you can simply reach in through the hood, pinch and the center, and pull out.

ggreene wrote:
Just curious but what is the advantage to center pinch? Off the top of my head the only thing I can come up with is maybe easier to use with gloves. TBH, I've never had any trouble with the caps that came with Canon lenses.

Bigcarbs
Total Posts: 10

Had a center pinch on my 17-40 but the middle was rubbing the lens. I dont use filter so since the front glass is a little bubbled it hits the center. Went back to the regular one for that lens. No damage was done but I don't like that it touched it

1       2      
       end