Incoming Storm
/forum/topic/1175441/2

1       2      
       4       end

JimFox
Total Posts: 37798

Colin Giersberg wrote:
Beautiful image. Seeing this makes me want to visit this spot, prop one foot up on the lower fence rail and just stare at nature's beauty so wonderfully captured by you.

Regards, Colin

I appreciate that Colin. Yeah, it sure is an inviting scene to take in. Thanks!

Jim

NCAndy
Total Posts: 943

JimFox wrote:
NCAndy wrote:
Really like this one, I know this spot well. My brother has a cabin just up Last Dollar Rd. Very nice light. It seems the valley floor slopes to the right? Or is it the illusion with the fence going to the left? I see the tree mid-frame on left edge looks straight so maybe it's ok. I'll have to make a note to look next time I'm there!

Hey Andy,

Thanks so much! Wow... your brother has a cabin up there? Man, that has to be cool. How often do you go visit him? As to the level, I think it might just be an illusion.

Jim

I try to get out there at least once a year. The cabin is seasonal, so late Oct. is about as late as it can be used.

Sneakyracer
Total Posts: 2614

Nice shot Jim!

That looks like a spot right next to Highway 62 between co rd 7 and 9. The famous Double RL Ranch. Its one of the most beautiful areas in the US (and the world).

I was there that week and the weather was challenging (little bit of everything) which made it interesting. You captured one of those moments nicely.

briangg
Total Posts: 1260

Very nice shot Jim,

I've shot from that same spot a few times. No real pull off there. You kind of have to pull off into the brush with the traffic whizzing by a few feet away. But that scene and ranch land as it unfolds in front of you is just so breathtaking. It is so worth pulling a U turn for

Very nice,

Brian

Jonathan Huynh
Total Posts: 9291

Love this shot.

ScaryFox
Total Posts: 25278

Really nice image. I agree, like a painting.
Ute

rprouty
Total Posts: 6837

Beautiful.

Rod

JimFox

Sneakyracer wrote:
Nice shot Jim!

That looks like a spot right next to Highway 62 between co rd 7 and 9. The famous Double RL Ranch. Its one of the most beautiful areas in the US (and the world).

I was there that week and the weather was challenging (little bit of everything) which made it interesting. You captured one of those moments nicely.

Yeah, it's amazing the location. This one spot wasn't too bad, you could pull the truck off the road with about 10 feet to spare from the road. That makes it a bit more pleasant of a spot. I think in my post, I said it was hwy 26... but yeah, it's 62...

Jim

JimFox

briangg wrote:
Very nice shot Jim,

I've shot from that same spot a few times. No real pull off there. You kind of have to pull off into the brush with the traffic whizzing by a few feet away. But that scene and ranch land as it unfolds in front of you is just so breathtaking. It is so worth pulling a U turn for

Very nice,

Brian

Thanks Brian, the U-turn was for sure worth it. The pull off in this spot wasn't too bad compared to some of them... but yeah, traffic still does fly by a bit... especially some of the big trucks.

Jim

coferg
Total Posts: 125

Jim -

That is one beautiful, beautiful shot. There is so much to look at in this photograph, and yet the message is simple ... 'your gonna get wet'. Seriously, this capture is why I love FM, absolutely stunning photography by so many folks who are mentors to me as I attempt to grab some better images for myself. Thanks for posting. -Jim

lukeb
Total Posts: 1850

Super capture

Rob Tillyer
Total Posts: 13976

Beautiful scene, great colour.

Rob

Aaron Macomber
Total Posts: 1662

Nicely done Jim, Looks like a classic painting.

bshamilton
Total Posts: 34896

What a lovely scene! Very nicely done, Jim!

Barry

alatoo60
Total Posts: 3374

Jim, that's so nice of you to make this U-turn! Really enjoy this image. Looks like painting.

treebeard
Total Posts: 7796

Love the composition and the light on this one. Nicely done!

thw2
Total Posts: 2883

Great shot!

Rick Schump
Total Posts: 2810

Painterly Jim, Nice shot. Rick

JimFox

coferg wrote:
Jim -

That is one beautiful, beautiful shot. There is so much to look at in this photograph, and yet the message is simple ... 'your gonna get wet'. Seriously, this capture is why I love FM, absolutely stunning photography by so many folks who are mentors to me as I attempt to grab some better images for myself. Thanks for posting. -Jim

Hey Jim,

Thanks so much, It's flattering to be able to help others like you grow in the art of photography. I am glad you were able to see the message in this, it was beautiful to behold!

Jim

JimFox

alatoo60 wrote:
Jim, that's so nice of you to make this U-turn! Really enjoy this image. Looks like painting.

Ha ha.... thanks Sasha... Yeah, I try to be a nice guy and make U-turns whenever possible...

Jim

1       2      
       4       end