Nikon D600 Kit super bundle!
/forum/topic/1173862/1

3       4       end

ckcarr
Total Posts: 6161

This deal will come and go. Some will take advantage, then others will complain a few months from now when it's back to full price. And then price stays there for two more years. So my advice, buy one if you need one, but don't buy just because it's a "bargain." Remember back in the day when Nikon used to always put out deal flyers. Then they stopped doing it...

Will it affect used prices? Maybe temporarily, but the D700 is a totally solid camera and will most likely hang in at $1,500 to $1,700 for a long time. I still remember all the people getting madder and madder when the D700 would not drop as they wanted...

BenV
Total Posts: 8158

ckcarr wrote:
This deal will come and go. Some will take advantage, then others will complain a few months from now when it's back to full price. And then price stays there for two more years. So my advice, buy one if you need one, but don't buy just because it's a "bargain." Remember back in the day when Nikon used to always put out deal flyers. Then they stopped doing it...

Will it affect used prices? Maybe temporarily, but the D700 is a totally solid camera and will most likely hang in at $1,500 to $1,700 for a long time. I still remember all the people getting madder and madder when the D700 would not drop as they wanted...

D700 have been selling in the $1350 range with grips I've seen a few in good condition with less than 50k on the shutter for $1100.

mshi
Total Posts: 3577

If you don't need to shoot motion, D700 is more than enough imho. Of course, the problem is that many just can't resist the brainwashing from those 24/7 corporate marketing machines.

fsiagian
Total Posts: 1841

Costco price with 2 lenses has gone down tooby 300

Ripolini
Total Posts: 380

The Nikon D600 Digital SLR Camera Kit includes:
Nikon 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED AF-S VR
32GB Class 10 SDHC Card
External Battery Charger
Remote Trigger
WiFi Mobile Adapter
Camera Case
Spare Battery
VIP Member Extended Protection Plan
Cleaning Kit

You forget to mention in-camera dust

LA_Sportsman
Total Posts: 405

I've been on the sidelines watching D700 used and not really considering D600/D800. I currently use a D300 and like the ergonomic consistency between D700 and D300 as well as my grip would be compatible.

Is the D600 comparable with D700 on high ISO and dynamic range? What do I give up with D600 that D700 offers? I could care less about video. I do care about protection shooting in misty or snowy conditions.

vchowdhary
Total Posts: 1205

The D600 is better than the D700 at High ISO and dynamic range even with the extra pixels.

You lose the better AF system and a slightly better split of AF points. You also lose the better build quality of the D700. 10pin connector if that matters.

You gain a better sensor (noticeable), video, dual cards.

Ripolini
Total Posts: 380

Is the D600 comparable with D700 on high ISO and dynamic range?

Some info
here and here

camboman
Total Posts: 554

Woo Hoo !

I just ordered the d600 kit from B&H.

Merry Christmas to me!

LA_Sportsman

I read the links from Ripolini as well as byThom reviews. I'm satisfied on performance of the D600. My remaining question is weather protection.

Anyone have experience with a D300 and D600 to compare? I'm just a hobbyist so not extreme conditions but I used my D70 and D300 in snow storms and misty conditions with no ill effects to the cameras. I covered cameras when not actually shooting and used homemade rain covers but not a water housing. This is a couple time per year occurrence. I guess I could also just use my D300 in those conditions. I plan to use it as a second body, not sell it.

BeaverMan
Total Posts: 435

i wish there was a deal like this in canada

Avi B
Total Posts: 6940

On the 20th there will be. Look for the thread - it's on the main page

Fishit
Total Posts: 2235

Thanks for the post Fred, order one this morning off the link from your site, hope you get some credit.
I was not going to buy one for awhile with 2 kids in college.
But this is a hell of a deal, Thanks again!

Now I just have to figure out how I tell my wife .... :o]

Fred Miranda
Total Posts: 17999

B&H Photo is offering a similar D600 Kit bundle as well. (24-85mm VR Lens Included)
Click on the link below:

Nikon D600 Kit bundle at B&H Photo for $1,996.95

Includes Free:
Lowepro Rezo 170 AW Camera Shoulder BagSanDisk 32GB SDHC Memory Card Extreme Class 10 UHS-IPearstone EN-EL15 Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (7.0V 1800mAh)Oben ACM-2400 4-Section Aluminum Monopod.

DontShoot
Total Posts: 2367

fyffem wrote:
I paid 2100 for just the body Lesson learned--never jump on something the minute it comes out.

I did too, but absolutely no regrets. I've been shooting my toddler with it for the past 3 months and there's no way I'd trade those photos for a "good deal" D600

vchowdhary

DontShoot wrote:
fyffem wrote:
I paid 2100 for just the body Lesson learned--never jump on something the minute it comes out.

I did too, but absolutely no regrets. I've been shooting my toddler with it for the past 3 months and there's no way I'd trade those photos for a "good deal" D600

Agreed

LA_Sportsman

pulled the trigger. Now just waiting anxiously for it to arrive.

Stilltime
Total Posts: 297

I went ahead and ordered one of the kits through Adorama, with the LCD viewfinder thing and Nikon ME-1. Figured those would resell easier than off-brand SD cards

vchowdhary

Both items are backordered - thats the one I placed an order for as well

K6AZ
Total Posts: 438

LA_Sportsman wrote:
I read the links from Ripolini as well as byThom reviews. I'm satisfied on performance of the D600. My remaining question is weather protection.

Anyone have experience with a D300 and D600 to compare? I'm just a hobbyist so not extreme conditions but I used my D70 and D300 in snow storms and misty conditions with no ill effects to the cameras. I covered cameras when not actually shooting and used homemade rain covers but not a water housing. This is a couple time per year occurrence. I guess I could also just use my D300 in those conditions. I plan to use it as a second body, not sell it.

It's not weather sealed like the D300. Think D90 with a FX sensor.

3       4       end