6D or D600 So Unsure...
/forum/topic/1172966/3

1       2       3      
       end

PeaktoPeek
Total Posts: 1871

If you are using a lot of alternative glass, then the Canon bodies are much more attractive. At one point I was shooting a ton of alternative glass, C/Y, Olympus, Pentax, and even Nikon with my 5D -- its much easier to adapt lenses to Canons. Regarding the mass of buttons on the D600, coming from the 5D I was also a little concerned. However, after a couple days I picked it up pretty fast and now I actually prefer using dedicated buttons versus menu surfing. For example I like that I can change AF modes without taking my eye out of the viewfinder or switch to crop mode, etc. Its definitely a different way of doing things, but after you get used to it, not too bad.

Ralph Conway
Total Posts: 3757

The lens in this bundle may be interesting for some (beginners). After what I saw at TDP.com it is worthless for me.

vchowdhary
Total Posts: 1190

samfowler wrote:
jamesf99 wrote:
vchowdhary wrote:
Seems like Nikon is serious about the market and putting technology into photographer's hands.

Thats a joke right?

Wow this reminds me of middle school

vchowdhary
Total Posts: 1190

Ralph Conway wrote:
The lens in this bundle may be interesting for some (beginners). After what I saw at TDP.com it is worthless for me.

Its actually quite a good lens for its size. I wouldnt pay 600 for it since I don't need it. But getting the lens for free, I'll take it.

My experience with it was on the D800 and with a d600 with 28 1.8G

At the wide focal lengths, its actually a pretty good lens. I didn't care for it at anything over 50mm

digitalbug30d
Total Posts: 4232

jamesf99 wrote:
AGeoJO wrote:
Ultimate IQ - photographer's skill/technique in capturing images and in post processing wins even more so than the gear itself. I realize though that this is a gear forum .

Correct, it's a *gear phorum*. Too many here think it's a Canon loyalty site, so thanks for remembering that.

I agree that the lose nut behind the wheel is the most important (i.e., skill/knowledge) followed by light, but...

and it's a big BUT - all things being equal, the DR discrepancy between Nikon-Canon has been validated over and over. I've wanted better DR for the last 13 years of using Canon digital, and it looks like it's going to be at least 3-4 more years before Canon does (or even can do) anything about it.

I always thought of this site as"Canon rules,Nikon drools" lol

digitalbug30d
Total Posts: 4232

well I did enter a contest to win a Nikon D600

CW100
Total Posts: 3784

samfowler wrote:
I am going with the Canon 6D. buttons - WTF. What the hell are they all for was going thru my head. What the hell - do I have to go to school to learn all this button thing? I took some shots with it and said whatever - no biggie. Do you want good images, then that's your lenses producing that IMO. Garbage lenses gets you garbage pictures. I like the Canon 6D since its not so buttony - a lot less buttons to look at or try to figure out. The 6D has the ability to control it from my iPhone 5 as well, thats a plus, but not the determining factor. It has the same processor as the Mark III. Thats important to me. The controlling and maneuverability is important to me as well and is my focus on whats important. I dont want to sit there for 2 hours trying to figure out how to do this or that with the camera. I have a camera - its a Leica that I currently own and its easy to use and takes phenomenal pictures and very minimal buttons to deal with. I don't need to be a rocket scientist to take a picture with it either. lenses (zeiss) (not a canon lens or nikon lens but a zeiss lens to be fair on IQ for both) then you would see no difference in IQ from either camera. Its in my opinion all about use and maneuvering thru the menus and controlling features of the cameras. I think and believe the Canon is more easier to work with.

Whatever you choose - be happy shooting and learn a lot from your photography arena. Its brings out the creativity in us all.

Good luck and thanks for reading.

sounds good

1       2       3      
       end