2012 NCAA Basketball - CSU at CU Buffaloes
/forum/topic/1172883/0

Carl Auer
Total Posts: 9620

Crazy night, record crowd, quick editing, got back on the road nice and quick, and left my Macbook power cable in the media room....

All shot with a combo of the 1DMkII and 7D with 85 1.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8 and 120-300 2.8.

December 5, 2012: Chip the Colorado mascot pumps the crowd up prior to the start of action in the NCAA Basketball game between the Colorado State Rams and the Colorado Buffaloes at the Coors Event Center in Boulder Colorado (Carl Auer)

December 5, 2012: A Colorado cheerleader in action in the NCAA Basketball game between the Colorado State Rams and the Colorado Buffaloes at the Coors Event Center in Boulder Colorado (Carl Auer)

December 5, 2012: Colorado Buffaloes freshman forward XAVIER JOHNSON (2) blocks the shot of Colorado State Rams senior forward/center COLTON IVERSON (45) in second half action of the NCAA Basketball game between the Colorado State Rams and the Colorado Buffaloes at the Coors Event Center in Boulder Colorado (Carl Auer)

December 5, 2012: Colorado Buffaloes junior forward ANDRÉ ROBERSON (21) elevates for a two handed dunk in the NCAA Basketball game between the Colorado State Rams and the Colorado Buffaloes at the Coors Event Center in Boulder Colorado (Carl Auer)

December 5, 2012: Colorado Buffaloes sophomore guard ASKIA BOOKER (0) brings the ball past the defense of Colorado State Rams sophomore guard DANIEL BEJARANO (2) in the NCAA Basketball game between the Colorado State Rams and the Colorado Buffaloes at the Coors Event Center in Boulder Colorado (Carl Auer)

December 5, 2012: Colorado Buffaloes sophomore guard ASKIA BOOKER (0) in action in the NCAA Basketball game between the Colorado State Rams and the Colorado Buffaloes at the Coors Event Center in Boulder Colorado (Carl Auer)

December 5, 2012: Colorado Buffaloes junior forward ANDRÉ ROBERSON (21) flips a shot up in the NCAA Basketball game between the Colorado State Rams and the Colorado Buffaloes at the Coors Event Center in Boulder Colorado (Carl Auer)

December 5, 2012: Colorado Buffaloes junior forward ANDRÉ ROBERSON (21) splits the defense of Colorado State Rams sophomore guard DANIEL BEJARANO (2) and senior forward/center COLTON IVERSON (45) and heads to the hoop for a lay-up in the NCAA Basketball game between the Colorado State Rams and the Colorado Buffaloes at the Coors Event Center in Boulder Colorado (Carl Auer)

mdalby
Total Posts: 416

Nice work as usual. I like #5.

How much do you see yourself using your 120-300? What percent of your keepers are using your 70-200?

Carl Auer

I have no idea what my % of keepers per lenses are. I took around 1100 shots in this game, sent around 25 to my wire, kept somewhere between 400-450 for my archive, of which I would probably be able to cut that down to around 200 selects, and maybe 1 to 5 portfolio possibilities. I have had the 120-300 for around 6 years, and so far for NCAA I use it during the 2nd half because I am facing the student section and the cheerleaders and if it is a close game I want to get the defensive action. I have yet to bring it out at a high school hoops game yet this season, and so far in the gyms I have shot, I doubt I will. Last season, shooting basketball in Alaska, I would shoot with the 300 on a third body sometimes from the stands and got some good shots, but I used it that way maybe 4 or 5 times during the season.

mdalby
Total Posts: 416

Thanks Carl... Wow, 1,100 shots a game? I must be a lazy shooter. I shoot MAYBE 200.

drbob
Total Posts: 2005

So that's where Colton Iverson (former U of M Gopher), landed.

I like them Carl. Sure looks like that arena gets dark in a hurry as you go up from the floor.

bb

Carl Auer

mdalby, 800-1200 for ambient light college game is very easy when you shoot cheer, both teams, coaches, fans, mascot, etc. I shot a high school girls game tonight, strobed, and came home with about 250 shots.

Bob, had no idea that Iverson use to be a Golden Gopher. Yeah, ISO 2500, half new metal halide bulbs, half yellow and failing. Horrible lighting.