end

bktools
Total Posts: 7085

Outstanding composition, Fred!

Bob

Fred Miranda
Total Posts: 18006

Slabshaft wrote:
Very nice. The moon is what makes it a stand-out shot for me. There are very few chances to get the moon in a shot like this.

I had framed the shot with the moon in mind but was not sure if I would remove it or not in post. I'm glad I left it in.

JimFox wrote:
Hey Fred,

Very cool looking! You got some very nice color there.

Sunset is my favorite time at the dunes, because you can see the footprints, and you have time to hopefully find an area without them. At Sunrise, it's really hard to see the footprints if the wind didn't blow them away, until it's too late. So, I actually prefer the Sunset... Now when I was there last week, it was just about impossible too, there was tons of footprints. I did manage to find an area after hiking back in there for about an hour that had minimal footprints. But for much of the sunset I shot it just like you did, from high up and a far with a wide angle.

Jim

Where are your pictures from DV? Can't wait to see them.
I'm used to be one of the first ones at the dunes for the sunrise light...climbing them with a flashlight. You make a good point that in the afternoon, at least you know where not to shoot.
As much as I love shooting at the Mesquite dunes, next time, I will visit other dune areas. It just got too crowded.

Happy birthday!

Adam Schallau
Total Posts: 386

Nice shot, Fred! If you haven't done it already, you should spend some time at Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado. It's an amazing place.

Karl Witt
Total Posts: 33028

What a wonderful glow and a wonderful flow in this one Fred. Lots of beauty in that remaining light you captured!

Karl

Fred Miranda
Total Posts: 18006

Nice shot, Fred! If you haven't done it already, you should spend some time at Great Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado. It's an amazing place.
Hi Adam,
I have never been to Great Sand Dunes. Definitely on my list now! Thanks for the tip.

Thank you all for comments and feedback!

Lee Saxon
Total Posts: 999

Gorgeous shot!

brockwhittaker
Total Posts: 589

You really processed this photo well. It has great lighting.. Just everything is great. Though, the photo seems a little heavy on the right side. I had to look twice to make sure the horizon was straight. Other than that, awesome!

kurt765
Total Posts: 677

Beautiful. I must admit that I didn't think it was the Mesquite Dunes at first glance, since I almost never seem to have my camera pointed South as it turns out. I too am a huge fan of the tones that arise out of the light just after the sun has set, or just before it rises. Soft, saturated light is very pretty.

alatoo60
Total Posts: 3504

Peaceful scene with a warm beautiful light. Swirls in a sky repeat swirls on a ground. Sand dunes are my favorite place to be.

end