/forum/topic/1170056/0

RustyBug
Total Posts: 11975

Just an old farmhouse.

sbeme
Total Posts: 16755

Ah, sweet decay. It warms my heart.
And you have warmed the image.
Excellent POV with nice lines, positioning of the doorway. I like the light streaming through and caught in the window on the right.
Open to many interpretations. The warmth is a funny element: makes it all more inviting, less derelict than one might experience. Is there a mixed message? Is it a purely aesthetic choice?

Scott

RustyBug

Thanks Scott,

No real "mixed message" per se intended here. The warmth is mostly just an aesthetic one, yet it is in context to "showcase" the warm light @ that hour of the day ... albeit a different hue than we typically associate to it. In that regard, I guess it is a bit of a "compare & contrast" play of a welcome basking in the warm light vs. the unwelcoming aura of the decay & trespass.

Good to hear that the POV, lines etc. are evident, as they could be a bit "busy" or "sublime" to some.

For me it is one of those shots you just kinda "feel" like you need to shoot, without knowing why ... so, yes ... I didn't "have a specific point or message" (at least I couldn't identify it at the time) when I took it, except maybe to give you something to "think" (nebulous imagination) about as generated from the various elements or the comp as a whole.

The PP on this began as a test experimentation, as I'm beginning to play with channel masks with some deliberate intent. Thought I'd post it up to give others a chance to take a shot or two at me for a change ... glad you like it.

Here's the raw/sooc for comp/play.

_Rob_S_
Total Posts: 1183

I too love a good decay! You've done well here and I think the warmth is fitting. Thanks too for the original, quite nice post work you have done.

Rob

RustyBug

Thanks Rob ... I owe a good amount of my post work learning curve to this forum and the good people here that so willingly share their images, techniques and opinions as it melds with my other endeavors to advance my expression of our craft.