How old are you?
/forum/topic/1167212/9

1       2       3              9      
       end

sebboh
Total Posts: 10263

carstenw wrote:
There wasn't a gender poll that I am aware of. Unfortunately there are very few women in this forum. Probably this is partly due to comments made by men which are off-putting, partly due to the fact that women don't seem as fascinated by equipment discussions as men seem to be, and partly because there are just fewer women interested in photography at all.

i know, i was being sarcastic again.

the pictures of ourselves thread did act as something of a gender poll (though not a statistically useful one).

thrice
Total Posts: 3354

I'm 28.

Yakim Peled
Total Posts: 16903

carstenw wrote:
There wasn't a gender poll that I am aware of. Unfortunately there are very few women in this forum. Probably this is partly due to comments made by men which are off-putting, partly due to the fact that women don't seem as fascinated by equipment discussions as men seem to be, and partly because there are just fewer women interested in photography at all.

That's sad to hear. I always thought women are great. In fact, I never understood the general concept of settling with just one....

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

carstenw
Total Posts: 15320

It occurs to me that I wasn't clear on whether it was the men or their comments which are off-putting I am sure it is a combination of both I am also sure that I am not completely innocent, my sense of humour tends to hit everyone around me.

Yakim, I am sure you can find a woman who feels the same way

Yakim Peled

carstenw wrote:
Yakim, I am sure you can find a woman who feels the same way

I'll start looking immediately.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

subjectochange
Total Posts: 107

I'm 24, will be 25 in a month. I have noticed most of my photographer friends tend skew to the 30-40 range.

canondslr5d
Total Posts: 14

It's nice to see a lot of younger people getting into photography.......there was a lull in the '90's before digital went full bore.

kosmoskatten
Total Posts: 2966

Looks like I missed the peak on the graph, unfortunately slightly on the wrong side of it...

Guess it is all downhill from here...

carstenw
Total Posts: 15320

kosmoskatten wrote:
Looks like I missed the peak on the graph, unfortunately slightly on the wrong side of it...

Guess it is all downhill from here...

Don't complain, it could be all uphill, like when we were kids and went to school, both ways

eosfun
Total Posts: 2120

There is no wrong side of the hill. Just like the Swedish proverb "there is no bad weather, just bad clothing" , there is no bad age either, just bad state of mind

Yakim Peled

eosfun wrote:
There is no wrong side of the hill. Just like the Swedish proverb "there is no bad weather, just bad clothing" , there is no bad age either, just bad state of mind

I like this.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

EB-1
Total Posts: 22523

taffy wrote:
Born 6/6/66

That was just about the time I started photography, give or take a month. It was a good summer.

EBH

jimbob
Total Posts: 207

Let me add to the mixture. I have been 9 years old 9 times. 'tis a good job we learned multiplication tables, even if it was only up to 15x15=225. 13x13=169 etc. I feel sorry for my 16 year old grand daughter, she can text and has the fastest thumbs in the universe but she can't make change at the grocery store.

jcolwell
Total Posts: 20633

Right now, I'm about 6.

jimbob
Total Posts: 207

Once upon a time I bought a Canon 400mm f 5.6 from Nova Scotia.

kosmoskatten
Total Posts: 2966

carsten and eosfun; thanks, I feel much bitt... ...I mean better now.

1       2       3              9      
       end