How old are you?
/forum/topic/1167212/8

1       2       3              8      
       10       end

Scylla
Total Posts: 15

crazeazn
Sorry ... I might may have read you wrongly.I did not see the smileys.

taffy
Total Posts: 184

Born 6/6/66

carstenw
Total Posts: 15827

That is a unique birthdate! Was your mother trying hard to avoid it, or to hit it?

taffy
Total Posts: 184

Miss it as it was my grandfathers birthday on the 7th

theophilus
Total Posts: 732

Lee Saxon
Total Posts: 929

Interesting poll! I wish we had a bigger sample though.

carstenw

Whoa, I just realised that we've hit 448 responses! I find that pretty astounding, for a forum like this. I wonder how many people regularly read this forum? I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually a statistically valid sample.

Lotusm50
Total Posts: 6228

carstenw wrote:
I wonder how many people regularly read this forum? I wouldn't be surprised if this is actually a statistically valid sample.

Statistically speaking, I would be surprised if it was.

carstenw

I mean the Alt forum. Do you?

NikonDeb
Total Posts: 478

50 is nifty

daleaherman
Total Posts: 218

51 body
18 Maturity
When do I grow up

EB-1
Total Posts: 22787

At least I'm not the oldest one, but I'm too old to want to think about age. Less than 60 is close enough.

EBH

Lotusm50
Total Posts: 6228

carstenw wrote:
I mean the Alt forum. Do you?

Yes. It's not a random sample. It only surveys those who choose to vote and therefore has statistical bias.

carstenw

Yes, in that sense you are of course right, all these polls have this problem. On the other hand, we all choose to be in this forum in the first place, so I wouldn't think that this would actually skew the results that much. It isn't like asking political questions only in certain streets.

However, what I really meant is that we have 477 votes. I am quite surprised that this many people voted, and I wonder if that isn't actually quite a high proportion of the number of people who browse the forum regularly.

Anden
Total Posts: 6512

32 years old. I have a wife, a son, a house, a mortgage, a car, a job and too much photo gear.

carstenw

A post from Andreas! Don't sell the Zeiss 35/1.4!

carstenw

New poll: What is your favourite type of photography?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=1171014

Yakim Peled
Total Posts: 16903

carstenw wrote:
However, what I really meant is that we have 477 votes. I am quite surprised that this many people voted, and I wonder if that isn't actually quite a high proportion of the number of people who browse the forum regularly.

It's because we are men and thus not shy about our age. If we were of the prettier sex you would not see a single vote above 39.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

sebboh
Total Posts: 10680

Yakim Peled wrote:
carstenw wrote:

It's because we are men and thus not shy about our age. If we were of the prettier sex you would not see a single vote above 39.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

was there another poll earlier that i missed asking what gender you are or did carsten put some kind of fancy filter on the poll that judges gender by browser history and only allows men to vote?

carstenw

There wasn't a gender poll that I am aware of. Unfortunately there are very few women in this forum. Probably this is partly due to comments made by men which are off-putting, partly due to the fact that women don't seem as fascinated by equipment discussions as men seem to be, and partly because there are just fewer women interested in photography at all.

1       2       3              8      
       10       end