what is up with sales in B&S ???
/forum/topic/1166385/0

2       3       end

Jorge Torralba
Total Posts: 2337

I have a d800 with 122 clicks, 11 month of warranty left at a very good price and it is dead out there. The economy seems to be getting worse.

runamuck
Total Posts: 6439

The economy is getting worse because you can't sell a camera? Maybe if you take it off the market you would help improve the economy by forcing someone to buy a new one. Then again, in a country of over 300 million your camera equals a single drop in a 40,000 gallon tank.

Everyone that has been wanting one has already gone out and bought one. The shortage is over.

playerofwar
Total Posts: 459

What price are you asking for it?

playerofwar
Total Posts: 459

doublepost

glassartist
Total Posts: 361

You've had two PM's. Were those offers?
It is all about price, availability and demand . . .

NathanHamler
Total Posts: 2207

As i understand it the original warranty isnt transferable...

ckcarr
Total Posts: 5158

For one thing, since you are asking. The Nikon factory refurbished units are for sale with free shipping for the same price you are asking.

But, there's also a limited market for these cameras. And the big demand was way back in April. Now it's November and that demand has gone away.

Jorge Torralba

two pm' for questions.

As far as the economy getting worse, I meant people have less disposable income. And yes its getting much worse. Lots of economic data was held back before the election that is now trickling out.

I am asking 2575.00

I remember when gear was on B&S for just a short time even when it was available at the stores.

snapsy
Total Posts: 3932

Refurbs are selling for $2500 with 90 day warranty from NIkon and some with a 1 year warranty from the USA dealer.

vchowdhary
Total Posts: 1190

The reason is quite simple in my opinion.

This is the reason why I kept saying that even though the left AF issue has no impact on my photography. It does on the used market. People are more hesitant to buy these cameras. I would be weary as well after my experience with multiple bodies with the left AF issue.

davenfl
Total Posts: 4063

$2499 at Cameta (refurb) with 1 year warranty and free shipping. People are just not going to take to big of a risk with this camera and it's AF issues. Getting a factory refurb with a warranty leads people to believe that Nikon has gone over the camera and fixed any issues. Frankly you got yourself trapped a bit in this market with this camera and I know you don't want to hear it but the price is too high based on what's available out there right now. If you get rid of the paypal fees and free shipping you will be lucky to get $2400. So you cannot return it?

Dave

ckcarr
Total Posts: 5158

Honestly, for a landscape photographer and many others, the left AF point (out of 51) is not that big a deal. Especially if what you really want is resolution with a nice manual focus lens. Or by using contrast detect via live view. Of course we would like things perfect, but on the other hand for $2,500 or so it's killer. For other photographers, it may be a deal breaker.

I assume resales of the D600 are now doomed also due to the dirty sensor issue.

mshi
Total Posts: 3012

Also you need to consider the fact that more shooters want to get D800E if they really need 36MP in the first place.

MikeW
Total Posts: 1835

If I had the money I would probably buy a 2nd hand one without concern for the left focus issue as it would be for macro/landscape which would be manual focus. But I don't have the money so I can't help

Andre Labonte
Total Posts: 12564

Seems your price is too high considering the refurb market. Try $2300.

Jorge Torralba

Big difference between refurb and new. this camera is basically new. and as far as warranty transfers, thats not an issue since there is a recipt and it has not been registered yet. oh, and a gift receipt as well. None the less, it just sold. so, I started this thread too soon

Andre Labonte
Total Posts: 12564

Jorge Torralba wrote:
Big difference between refurb and new. this camera is basically new. and as far as warranty transfers, thats not an issue since there is a recipt and it has not been registered yet. oh, and a gift receipt as well. None the less, it just sold. so, I started this thread too soon

Congrats! I hope you got your price!

James R
Total Posts: 4798

The market is the market. You can fight it or take what it gives. I just sold my D800e and could not keep my loss under 10%. The buyers are driving hard bargains. So, you either sweeten the offer or play hardball. In this market hardball works in favor of the buyer.

Good luck. BTW mine wasn't a refurb, so I don't know how that would effect pricing.

mshi
Total Posts: 3012

The thing is why you didn't return it back because all you did was just 122 clicks.

Jorge Torralba

mshi wrote:
The thing is why you didn't return it back because all you did was just 122 clicks.

14 day return period. and i wasn't sure i wanted to get rid of it then.

2       3       end