Darn Wolf - Would not move back far enough for my new 600 v2 !
/forum/topic/1166060/3

1       2       3      
       end

Scott Stoness
Total Posts: 9933

Dan Heitman: Sure - once you figure out how it will work on your D800. Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

lgatlin: I was lucky. Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

ray0123
Total Posts: 152

Excellent pics

Conrad Tan
Total Posts: 28400

Terrific

Scott Stoness

ray0123: Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Conrad Tan: They were terrifically fun to take. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

uintaangler
Total Posts: 2480

Great set.
The detail in the first image is stunning
I am jealous of these images and even more jealous of the experience

Bob

ChrisRD
Total Posts: 935

Amazing shots...great work Scott!

harland
Total Posts: 754

You certainly have some terrific luck! Terrific photos. Now that you have the 600 your going to give me that "old" 500, right??

Karl Witt
Total Posts: 32975

Quality of light in #3 is lovely Scott and you are pulling out each and every hair in detail, wow!

I like the feel in #5, love that faded out BG that f/4 gave you and that apprehensive look you got from your pal!
Wonderful exposure on the last, light on dark usually yields overexposed lights but you nailed it buddy

What a great encounter, too close............I guess you do head shots next

Karl

Prairieguy
Total Posts: 35

Hi Scott,

Really excellent job on these--notwithstanding the "luck" part you made full use of your opportunity. Excellent exposures and compsosition.

Wolves in the wild are an amazing experience. They frequent the area where we moose hunt from time to time and there is nothing else that will make the hair on the back of your neck stand up like hearing a pack of wolves start calling all around you at sunset when you have a 2 or 3 mile walk back to camp in the dark.
I an envious of your location--I get to Banff/Jasper for maybe 3 or 4 days every few years.

Jim.

sailingpilot
Total Posts: 276

#5's looking at you like you're a ham sandwich.

How lucky - awesome shots of beautiful animals.

Gregg

Scott Stoness

uintaangler: Don't be jeoulous - go to Jasper next week. I am glad you like the images. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

ChrisRD: Glad you like them. It was one of my best experiences of the year. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

harland: You and Dan will have to arm wrestle - I am hanging onto the 500 until I see the 200-400. Glad you like my luck. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Karl Witt: I am moving on to wolf head portraits with the 600. If only! I have run into wolves about 10 times now and always regretted the outcome - too quick, too dark, wrong settings, too close.... Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Prairieguy: I am sure that hauling a moose quarter through the bush would enhance the feeling of hearing the wolves call. But I would take a wolf over a grizzly any day with a hind quarter. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

ckcarr
Total Posts: 6071

Fantastic shots Scott!

Be sure and watch "The Grey"

(I gotta come over here more often!)

Scott Stoness

ckcarr: Nice to see you in the nature section. The trailer for "The Grey" sounds like I would have nightmares when sleeping in the bush. Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

1       2       3      
       end