Darn Wolf - Would not move back far enough for my new 600 v2 !
/forum/topic/1166060/1

3       4       end

PaulCal
Total Posts: 2792

Awesome, just awesome, that 5d/600 combo is nice

Paul

Tim Kuhn
Total Posts: 43876

You may have gotten lucky Scott but you took full advantage and produced some wonderful images. These are wonderful shots of a gorgeous animal

Tim

Shiva dancing
Total Posts: 874

Great captures Scott - congratulations!

tdong
Total Posts: 787

wow wow wow scott

rmt3rd
Total Posts: 10

Nice shots! My favorite is #1. Is your camera(s)/lens mounted on the monopod in the car, so when you had the op you were all ready to go?

surfnron
Total Posts: 28941

Wow! A great encounter Scott, and wonderful shots to boot. I'd be happy with any of these ~ Ron

Rob Tillyer
Total Posts: 13895

Awesome shots Scott. Seeing wolves in Jasper is a treat, photographing them like this is amazing.

Rob

drtrackshooter
Total Posts: 14

Stunning shots the detail is incredible!

Vern Dewit
Total Posts: 2401

Very cool shots Scott.

Sharona
Total Posts: 2342

These are simply amazing photos and to say I'm jealous of your experience in just seeing them like this would be an understatement! Thanks for sharing.

evesproule
Total Posts: 42

I love #3!

hayath
Total Posts: 926

Incredible detail and color reproduction!
Loved #1

Martin Good
Total Posts: 20762

Super pics Scott and a great experience.
Congrats on the new lens.
Martin

B Benson
Total Posts: 9784

Amazing, Bruce

CDaescher
Total Posts: 9998

Very nice set, Scott. I pick #1 & 5 as favorites.
Chris

WesN
Total Posts: 1968

Scott,

All fantastic!

Wes N.

Scott Stoness
Total Posts: 9610

signo: The way he was looking at me suggested that he saw me more as lunch than a master Thanks for the feedback. Scott

ggleason: I hang out in the park for several days a week and every 3 months catch a glimps of a wolf. You have to be lucky and persistent.Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

dhb820: It was a fantastic outing. Glad you like the pictures. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Robert Snow: High compliments - I am glad I was ready for the wolf. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

barrye: It was my best outing in my life so far for wolves but I am not ready to retire yet. Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

birdied: Magical is a good description. When you and the wolf are eye to eye and he has a look of wanting to eat you, its impressive. Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

RikWriter: Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

acjd
Total Posts: 1540

Very Cool!

Scott Stoness

PaulCal: The 5diii ability to do 6fps and be full frame is what prompted me to buying the 600 - approaching the effective reach of 7d with higher quality of full frame. Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Tim Kuhn: I was lucky because he stayed while I swapped bodies and lens and upped the fstop before he got tired of me. But sometimes you need luck and I will take it. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Shiva dancing: Thank you for the congratulations. Much appreciated. Scott

tdong: It was a lucky morning. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

rmt3rd: I put the camera's (7d w 600 and 5diii with 100-400) on my passenger chair. And then handhold if I come accross an opportunity. And if they keep hanging out I get out with my monopod. Monopod on 600 would be too unwieldly in the car (and then I would have to bring my truck which does not maneuver like my jeep). I have tried bean bag but I don't like it because the car vibrations transfer (or you have to shut off and then you are fixed in one spot) and then when you want to put on the monopod, you can't. So handheld and switch to monopod if the action remains. Glad you like them. Much appreciated. Scott

Scott Stoness

surfnron: I am happy. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Rob Tillyer: I agree - finding them is difficult but getting a good picture is way lucky. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

drtrackshooter: He was a great model. The posing permitted me to switch to 5diii f8, which was great. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Vern Dewit: It was a great morning. Glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

Sharona: I am jeoulous of my oppportunity. Hopefully my luck is not up yet. Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Scott

3       4       end