Canon 600mm f/4L IS II in Stock!
/forum/topic/1165882/0

1
       2       end

Fred Miranda
Registered: Dec 31, 2001
Total Posts: 17925
Country: United States


B&H Photo just received a small batch of the new EF 600mm f/4L IS II lens.

Click on the link below:

Canon 600mm f/4L IS II in stock at B&H Photo



PetKal
Registered: Sep 06, 2007
Total Posts: 24506
Country: Canada

Go get it while it lasts, with the updated firmware it works good.



big country
Registered: Nov 27, 2006
Total Posts: 3621
Country: United States

Petkal, you still like the 500 ii over the 600 ii?



PetKal
Registered: Sep 06, 2007
Total Posts: 24506
Country: Canada

big country wrote:
Petkal, you still like the 500 ii over the 600 ii?


Of course I do, particularly for BIF photography, you just can't beat the agility of 500 II, even with 1.4XTC III.



Fred Miranda
Registered: Dec 31, 2001
Total Posts: 17925
Country: United States

It's gone after a few hours!



PetKal
Registered: Sep 06, 2007
Total Posts: 24506
Country: Canada

It looks like in USA, Canon is still trying to satisfy the 600 II backlog orders.



dennisgibson
Registered: Apr 21, 2004
Total Posts: 4105
Country: United States

Fred Miranda wrote:
It's gone after a few hours!


i checked about 30 mins after your original post and it was out of stock



sritri
Registered: Jul 04, 2004
Total Posts: 3353
Country: United States

Back in stock now



PetKal
Registered: Sep 06, 2007
Total Posts: 24506
Country: Canada

sritri wrote:
Back in stock now


Go for it, Shreeni.



Pixel Perfect
Registered: Aug 16, 2004
Total Posts: 19910
Country: Australia

I'd love one, but I just sold my 2005 VW Golf for $2K less than this lens and to me that's totally insane. Selling a very good car and still having to find money.







PetKal
Registered: Sep 06, 2007
Total Posts: 24506
Country: Canada

Pixie, that "Wireless Transmitter for Flash" emoticon is neat.......did you get it thru work ?



Pixel Perfect
Registered: Aug 16, 2004
Total Posts: 19910
Country: Australia

PetKal wrote:
Pixie, that "Wireless Transmitter for Flash" emoticon is neat.......did you get it thru work ?




Vox Sciurorum
Registered: Nov 07, 2012
Total Posts: 187
Country: United States

I told the camera store owner if he could give me 50% off I'd buy one. No luck.

Pixel Perfect -- My car is worth an 800/5.6.



Fred Miranda
Registered: Dec 31, 2001
Total Posts: 17925
Country: United States

Vox Sciurorum wrote:
I told the camera store owner if he could give me 50% off I'd buy one. No luck.
Pixel Perfect -- My car is worth an 800/5.6.


We must set our priorities straight...Do you really need a car?



sritri
Registered: Jul 04, 2004
Total Posts: 3353
Country: United States

PetKal wrote:
sritri wrote:
Back in stock now


Go for it, Shreeni.


I would have Peter. My Finance Minister has approved the purchase. But then, if I do, I will also have to move from the depressing state of Illinois, to a more pleasant place which in turn will mean no in-state tuition for the kids



PetKal
Registered: Sep 06, 2007
Total Posts: 24506
Country: Canada

sritri wrote:
PetKal wrote:
sritri wrote:
Back in stock now


Go for it, Shreeni.


I would have Peter. My Finance Minister has approved the purchase. But then, if I do, I will also have to move from the depressing state of Illinois, to a more pleasant place which in turn will mean no in-state tuition for the kids


I say to hell with the kids. Do all of them need to become educated in order to get cushy jobs in banking or politics ? There are needs for trades people and farming hands all over the continent. Moreover, if they wanna have education, let them get part time jobs so that they can pay the tuition out of their own pocket.



Pixel Perfect
Registered: Aug 16, 2004
Total Posts: 19910
Country: Australia

PetKal wrote:

I say to hell with the kids. Do all of them need to become educated in order to get cushy jobs in banking or politics ? There are needs for trades people and farming hands all over the continent. Moreover, if they wanna have education, let them get part time jobs so that they can pay the tuition out of their own pocket.


Maybe a career as dad's sherpa might be viable.



Doctorbird
Registered: Jul 02, 2012
Total Posts: 668
Country: United States

PetKal wrote:
sritri wrote:
PetKal wrote:
sritri wrote:
Back in stock now


Go for it, Shreeni.


I would have Peter. My Finance Minister has approved the purchase. But then, if I do, I will also have to move from the depressing state of Illinois, to a more pleasant place which in turn will mean no in-state tuition for the kids


I say to hell with the kids. Do all of them need to become educated in order to get cushy jobs in banking or politics ? There are needs for trades people and farming hands all over the continent. Moreover, if they wanna have education, let them get part time jobs so that they can pay the tuition out of their own pocket.


A not too frivolous solution: These jewels keep their value so you could sell it at college age time and enjoy its fruits until then.



Chumma
Registered: Aug 19, 2010
Total Posts: 441
Country: United States

A rough cost-benefit analysis of purchasing a 600 MK II:

In the simplest form, a cost-benefit analysis would involve comparing two alternatives, weighing the advantages/disadvantages, and selecting the best choice. In this illustration, I assume Alternative I as buying a 600 MKII and selling it after 5 years. Alternative II is keeping the cash in a savings account, assuming you are using surplus cash rather than borrowing to finance the purchase. I also assume (1) the useful life of the lens is 20 years, meaning I would depreciate it over 20 years on a straight-line basis, and (2) interest rate on savings would stay the same for the next 5 years. Overall, I use a very conservative approach in this illustration, meaning the actual benefit may be more than what I show.

I also assume you take 5,000 nice pictures a year.

If so, the cost of owning the lens for a year (out of the 5 years you keep it) is $723.57. The cost of one of the nice pictures you would take is 14 cents. Isn't that cheap?



sritri
Registered: Jul 04, 2004
Total Posts: 3353
Country: United States

Peter and Co. : precious comments I need to share with my kids



1
       2       end