Canon 600mm f/4L IS II in Stock!
/forum/topic/1165882/0

2       end

Fred Miranda
Total Posts: 17925

B&H Photo just received a small batch of the new EF 600mm f/4L IS II lens.

Click on the link below:

Canon 600mm f/4L IS II in stock at B&H Photo

PetKal
Total Posts: 24506

Go get it while it lasts, with the updated firmware it works good.

big country
Total Posts: 3621

Petkal, you still like the 500 ii over the 600 ii?

PetKal

big country wrote:
Petkal, you still like the 500 ii over the 600 ii?

Of course I do, particularly for BIF photography, you just can't beat the agility of 500 II, even with 1.4XTC III.

Fred Miranda

It's gone after a few hours!

PetKal

It looks like in USA, Canon is still trying to satisfy the 600 II backlog orders.

dennisgibson
Total Posts: 4105

Fred Miranda wrote:
It's gone after a few hours!

i checked about 30 mins after your original post and it was out of stock

sritri
Total Posts: 3353

Back in stock now

PetKal

sritri wrote:
Back in stock now

Go for it, Shreeni.

Pixel Perfect
Total Posts: 19910

I'd love one, but I just sold my 2005 VW Golf for $2K less than this lens and to me that's totally insane. Selling a very good car and still having to find money.

PetKal

Pixie, that "Wireless Transmitter for Flash" emoticon is neat.......did you get it thru work ?

Pixel Perfect

PetKal wrote:
Pixie, that "Wireless Transmitter for Flash" emoticon is neat.......did you get it thru work ?

Vox Sciurorum
Total Posts: 187

I told the camera store owner if he could give me 50% off I'd buy one. No luck.

Pixel Perfect -- My car is worth an 800/5.6.

Fred Miranda

Vox Sciurorum wrote:
I told the camera store owner if he could give me 50% off I'd buy one. No luck.
Pixel Perfect -- My car is worth an 800/5.6.

We must set our priorities straight...Do you really need a car?

sritri

PetKal wrote:
sritri wrote:
Back in stock now

Go for it, Shreeni.

I would have Peter. My Finance Minister has approved the purchase. But then, if I do, I will also have to move from the depressing state of Illinois, to a more pleasant place which in turn will mean no in-state tuition for the kids

PetKal

sritri wrote:
PetKal wrote:
sritri wrote:
Back in stock now

Go for it, Shreeni.

I would have Peter. My Finance Minister has approved the purchase. But then, if I do, I will also have to move from the depressing state of Illinois, to a more pleasant place which in turn will mean no in-state tuition for the kids

I say to hell with the kids. Do all of them need to become educated in order to get cushy jobs in banking or politics ? There are needs for trades people and farming hands all over the continent. Moreover, if they wanna have education, let them get part time jobs so that they can pay the tuition out of their own pocket.

Pixel Perfect

PetKal wrote:

I say to hell with the kids. Do all of them need to become educated in order to get cushy jobs in banking or politics ? There are needs for trades people and farming hands all over the continent. Moreover, if they wanna have education, let them get part time jobs so that they can pay the tuition out of their own pocket.

Maybe a career as dad's sherpa might be viable.

Doctorbird
Total Posts: 668

PetKal wrote:
sritri wrote:
PetKal wrote:
sritri wrote:
Back in stock now

Go for it, Shreeni.

A not too frivolous solution: These jewels keep their value so you could sell it at college age time and enjoy its fruits until then.

Chumma
Total Posts: 441

A rough cost-benefit analysis of purchasing a 600 MK II:

In the simplest form, a cost-benefit analysis would involve comparing two alternatives, weighing the advantages/disadvantages, and selecting the best choice. In this illustration, I assume Alternative I as buying a 600 MKII and selling it after 5 years. Alternative II is keeping the cash in a savings account, assuming you are using surplus cash rather than borrowing to finance the purchase. I also assume (1) the useful life of the lens is 20 years, meaning I would depreciate it over 20 years on a straight-line basis, and (2) interest rate on savings would stay the same for the next 5 years. Overall, I use a very conservative approach in this illustration, meaning the actual benefit may be more than what I show.

I also assume you take 5,000 nice pictures a year.

If so, the cost of owning the lens for a year (out of the 5 years you keep it) is $723.57. The cost of one of the nice pictures you would take is 14 cents. Isn't that cheap?

sritri

Peter and Co. : precious comments I need to share with my kids

2       end