Some Quacks, Swans, a Cat and a Beaver.....(12)
/forum/topic/1165780/1

3       end

David Leask
Total Posts: 35795

Very nice set Karl. The Teal really grabs me
Well done.
David

birdied
Total Posts: 23877

Oh what a nice set Karl. Love 5 and 6. Would love to see these guys. Glad you had some sun and fun

Birdie

Lance B
Total Posts: 1037

Lovely set of images, Karl. Love the beak on that shoveler duck and the coot "smoking grass"..

Reeftank1
Total Posts: 4816

7 and 11 for me. Seven and I am swimming with her. Eleven - well it just has the traits that Karl searches for

sritri
Total Posts: 3347

Lovely set Karl.

WesN
Total Posts: 2002

Karl,

#5 and #6 for me! Love the "Fall" colors in the feathers!

Wes N.

Ted ellis
Total Posts: 21744

Very nice collection Karl. Can't elaborate beyond Tim's review. #6 and 8 are my favorites.

Karl Witt
Total Posts: 32934

kmunroe wrote:
a great set Karl .. #6 and #8 for me

Nice to see the 'ole Coot' get some respect Kenny
A kind thanks for the picks and nice words buddy....
Karl

Karl Witt

Larry Williams wrote:
Teal are my picks. Good low angle buddy.

I was hoping for 'lower' but this place doesn't allow a way to get there.
Thanks Mr Lar for you picks buddy
Karl

Karl Witt

Desert Drake wrote:
That young drake shovelor looks like some day he will be called Mr. Hollywood. My favorite was the drake teal.
Al

Yes Al I never realized how gray or gray green their heads were in early Fall color, I really like these guys and gals. Still looking for a winner shot but it was nice that a few were in close and man they do not ever lift their heads, always busy feeding!

I was lucky to have that Drake Teal and his ladies mingled in, surely stood out from the mix nicely.
Thanks buddy
Karl

marklankton
Total Posts: 2461

Really nice set, Karl. I'm liking the teal the best for some reason, maybe because I can almost hear the gurgling from your very very low angle.
Mark

Karl Witt

surfnron wrote:
The IF shots are... nice Karl - but you knew that. 5 and 6 are extra nice -even lush. 10 is lovely, and very peaceful. I like da weed too ~ Ron

Well Ron, they are nice in a way and lacking in other ways but I keep thinking of how silly I must look to someone watching me swing that 500 around as they rapidly approach and veeeeeer!
Thanks for the 'lush'...........that is new and special and I'll take it and
Glad you could appreciate the peaceful.........weed images my friend
I was dubious to remove 'bright' spots in many of my images that I thought would distract you, or open the door for a 'nit' from your peeve against them
Karl

Karl Witt

douter wrote:
Some really nice captures here Karl. Who else would think to use a 500mm on a cat tail? Six and eight are my picks.
Douglas

Douglas, people shoot birds with macro lenses when they can, so 'why not' a 500 on a weed
Thanks much for the nice comments, appreciated!
Karl

Karl Witt

eyelaser wrote:
You have quite the imagination there Karl. The quackers are wonderful and you have indeed produced a wonderful tail of the cat and I will just have to visualize a beaver creating that notch...I have a few beaver shots like that one...and similarlym none with the alleged perpetrator.
Eric

Imagination? You don't see what I see

I just got an email from the senior naturalist at my local here and he spotted 3 Beavers at dusk as they were doing their Owl Walk of which I missed but two more are coming up that I can go to, yippee I can't believe how many trees are going down from the Beaves!

Thanks
Karl

Karl Witt

KCollett wrote:
Nice set Karl. Glad you got out to shoot something other than gloom. I'm going with the more conventional here - Shoveler and wigeon are my pic picks. Sitting ducks are just pleasant and/or fun to view, even if their beaks are not on backwards.

It's OK to be conventional, I end up there occasionally
Good picks buddy and thanks much
Karl

Karl Witt

Cincy Bruce wrote:
Fantastic set Karl.

5, 6, & 7 are my favorites. Shovelers always catch my attention. I love the colors of the male green-winged teal. Always enjoy seeing them up close.

Bruce

Howdy Bruce A kind thanks for the multiple picks, I too enjoy the Shovelers and hope to get more action with them soon.
Take care buddy
Karl

Shasoc
Total Posts: 31712

Nice job exposing the blacks and whites on these, Karl. Fine detail in all (except #3), with 6 and 10 being my favorites.
Socrate

harshaj1
Total Posts: 18502

Wonderful shots Karl . That 500 shines in your hand. 1 and 6 are my top picks.
Harsha

blueimage
Total Posts: 830

Your posts are always a pleasure to view Karl, no exception here. I really like the Cat and the Beav.... very contemplative.

Jim

Karl Witt

Rob Tillyer wrote:
Great set Karl, a day off with good weather is something to celebrate. 5 and 6 tie for favourite for me.

Rob

Thanks Rob, good weather will becoming and issue soon though once Winter settles in it is quite pretty at times!
Take care buddy
Karl

3       end