Santee Lakes is starting to get busy.
/forum/topic/1165476/1

1      
2
       end

sdgnh
Registered: Nov 27, 2009
Total Posts: 3206
Country: United States

dorian wrote:
the water in the wood duck shot really makes that an outstanding image. pelican rumps are fun too......

dorian



Thank you dorian. The sun was hitting the water so nicely and there was some algae that made it bring out the green more. Thank you for your kind words.
Nancy



dalite
Registered: Aug 13, 2005
Total Posts: 3232
Country: United States

Nice job Nancy. Did you use spot or center metering for the first shot?



Shasoc
Registered: Aug 24, 2005
Total Posts: 31493
Country: United States

Great job, Nancy! Fine detail and beautiful whites and colors in these
Socrate



Lance B
Registered: Apr 26, 2005
Total Posts: 992
Country: Australia

A great series of photos, Nancy! Love the male wooduck's colouring and the comical look of the "retreating" pelicans and a nice shot of the osprey!



jdc562
Registered: Mar 27, 2006
Total Posts: 1448
Country: United States

Thanks, Nancy, for the Santee report! You're lucky to have the lakes in your backyard. Nice shots.
---John



sdgnh
Registered: Nov 27, 2009
Total Posts: 3206
Country: United States

dalite wrote:
Nice job Nancy. Did you use spot or center metering for the first shot?



Thank you. I was on evaluative metering. I tried to bring the exposure to help the bright whites and then played with levels and contrast. I think the contrast is a bit too much on that one. Thanks for your kind comments.
Nancy



sdgnh
Registered: Nov 27, 2009
Total Posts: 3206
Country: United States

Shasoc wrote:
Great job, Nancy! Fine detail and beautiful whites and colors in these
Socrate



Thank you so much, Socrate. I appreciate your kind words.
Nancy



sdgnh
Registered: Nov 27, 2009
Total Posts: 3206
Country: United States

Lance B wrote:
A great series of photos, Nancy! Love the male wooduck's colouring and the comical look of the "retreating" pelicans and a nice shot of the osprey!



Thanks so much, Lance. The pelicans cracked me up seeing all of them together like that. I need to go back and straighten the shot though. Thanks for the kind words on the wooduck. We are so lucky to have them here.
Nancy



sdgnh
Registered: Nov 27, 2009
Total Posts: 3206
Country: United States

jdc562 wrote:
Thanks, Nancy, for the Santee report! You're lucky to have the lakes in your backyard. Nice shots.
---John



Your welcome, John. I love going there, because it is so close and there are usually great subjects. Do you get down here often? I see the beautiful pelican as your avatar. They should be starting to show their breeding colors soon, if they haven't already. We often go down to LaJolla to catch them.

Thanks for stopping by.
Nancy



1      
2
       end