What troubles you when retouching the wedding photos?
/forum/topic/1163373/0

kevinfang
Total Posts: 13

Hi guys£¬we sometimes need do some edits of photos, especially wedding photos for customers. But my wedding photographer friend found it takes much time to retouch wedding photos. I just wonder what troubles you most when touching up the wedding photos for customers? The same problem or any other troubles?

Scott Mosher
Total Posts: 2327

I mainly just correct exposure/color/crop and remove dust in the photos. Don't take me very long.

lilyphoto
Total Posts: 618

I hate it when the bride has a fake tan and looks orange in all of her photos. It seems to show up on camera even worse than in real life. I am seriously considering starting to talk to my brides about this...

swoop
Total Posts: 1426

I've only had LR4 for about a week. But I noticed when editing it seems to give my images this fake HDR look. It's probably just a matter of me figuring out the new adjustment settings but it's still annoying.

tobicus
Total Posts: 1595

Culling takes me by far the most time. Color processing is the easy part.

kevinfang

lilyphoto wrote:
I hate it when the bride has a fake tan and looks orange in all of her photos. It seems to show up on camera even worse than in real life. I am seriously considering starting to talk to my brides about this...

That is really a problem, which will trouble you on the light adjustment.

kevinfang

Scott Mosher wrote:
I mainly just correct exposure/color/crop and remove dust in the photos. Don't take me very long.

Hi Scott,

Don't you retouch the skin, such as reduce the pimples and freckles if there is any?

Ian Ivey
Total Posts: 1323

I only do skin retouching on a select few images, particularly ones I might include in an album at full-page size, or which the client has ordered in large size.

Culling and color correction are the two most time-consuming parts of editing for me. Third in line is head/face swapping in large-group shots, but that's usually only a handful of images. All of these things can be outsourced for a price.

kevinfang

Ian Ivey wrote:
I only do skin retouching on a select few images, particularly ones I might include in an album at full-page size, or which the client has ordered in large size.

Culling and color correction are the two most time-consuming parts of editing for me. Third in line is head/face swapping in large-group shots, but that's usually only a handful of images. All of these things can be outsourced for a price.

Hi Ian,

Sometimes I thought if I could edit the photos including head and face before the B/G select among them, maybe the clients could choose more from me, so that my revenue could be increased.

Scott Mosher
Total Posts: 2327

kevinfang wrote:
Scott Mosher wrote:

Hi Scott,

Don't you retouch the skin, such as reduce the pimples and freckles if there is any?

I do the same as Ian. If they're closeups of the person, then yes I will do some. If the image is destined for a large print I will clean it up as well.

BGP1
Total Posts: 902

This thread reads like a scam email. I honestly thought it was a troll post but you guys are giving real answers..to a questions I'm not even sure what he's asking?

kevinfang

BGP1 wrote:
This thread reads like a scam email. I honestly thought it was a troll post but you guys are giving real answers..to a questions I'm not even sure what he's asking?

Sorry to bring you misunderstanding. Just want to learn more of the editing skills. But I know if I want to show more wonderful pictures to my clients, I should enhance my skills firstly. Thanks to everyone who gave real answers. You are so nice.

jrs5fg
Total Posts: 109

Outside of weddings, I like to shoot with a photojournalistic style, where I jack up the contrast but adjust curves, highlights/shadows, plus tone down saturation to compensate. It's very dramatic for scenes, but I find it really brings out minor skin imperfections in portraits or portrait-like shots at parties! It's a pain doing spot-removal on every emphasised pimple on the face, for tons of photos. Sometimes I have to go to -40 clarity :S