Canon F1n experience...
/forum/topic/1160267/4

1       2       3       4      
       end

RichardLavigne
Total Posts: 5353

Prices reduced.... somebody in this post, wants these pieces.

anthonygh
Total Posts: 1846

Gunzorro wrote:

Anthony -- There is pretty strong evidence that film is dead. Just try looking for a roll of transparency film at your local grocery or drug store! And professional processing . . . getting to be a sad joke.

Well...the last time I tried to buy some potatoes at my camera dealer they were out of stock...so it works both ways.

Now if I can afford their prices...the camera dealer is well stocked with film......

As for processing......I process my own (B+W) as it is both cheap and easy to do so can't comment on colour processing.

Gunzorro
Total Posts: 6584

anthonygh wrote:
Gunzorro wrote:

Anthony -- There is pretty strong evidence that film is dead. Just try looking for a roll of transparency film at your local grocery or drug store! And professional processing . . . getting to be a sad joke.

Well...the last time I tried to buy some potatoes at my camera dealer they were out of stock...so it works both ways.

Now if I can afford their prices...the camera dealer is well stocked with film......

As for processing......I process my own (B+W) as it is both cheap and easy to do so can't comment on colour processing.

Your British camera dealers don't have a bin of potatoes next to the out-of-date film WTF! When did that change?

gumbygreen
Total Posts: 143

Hi all,
I hope the question is appropriate as there are some F1 experts here. Unfortunately, my Canon knowledge started with my first 35mm, the Canon AE-1 Program. Have I correctly identified this camera as a F1N?

Thanks,
Jonathan

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1231424/0#11718932

StillFingerz
Total Posts: 3490

It looks like one

Here's a link to the MIR website; it has info for most old canon gear...the page link below is for the F1n, there is a link on that page for the original F1 which had a square shaped viewfinder housing, it is easy to see the difference...

Canon New F-1
http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/canonf1n/index.htm

sataraid1
Total Posts: 46

gumbygreen wrote:
Hi all,
I hope the question is appropriate as there are some F1 experts here. Unfortunately, my Canon knowledge started with my first 35mm, the Canon AE-1 Program. Have I correctly identified this camera as a F1N?

Thanks,
Jonathan

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1231424/0#11718932

By the strictest definition, no. The camera you are selling is a "New F-1". The "F-1n" was an incremental upgrade to the original F-1 and looks like this:

F-1n

It's a clumsy nomenclature, to be sure, but that's how the three versions of the F-1 are identified.

1       2       3       4      
       end