Senior Session Nikon D600
/forum/topic/1156987/0

Graceology
Total Posts: 191

Went out and shot a senior session last night a few hours after receiving the D600 from UPS. Below are some photos from the session. I used a Nikon 24-70mm f. 2.8 the entire session

Catfur
Total Posts: 257

Better (or at least more interesting) than my senior photo session...

skasol
Total Posts: 2146

good colors and contrast.

James R
Total Posts: 4803

Nice swing, better than mine at that age.

mojomover
Total Posts: 138

Great set. Love the photos and the kid's swing! Is there anyway you could have saved the sky on the last photo? Love the composition...

LeifG
Total Posts: 1016

I thought this thread would be full of photos of old people. Is senior a golf term?

DigMeTX
Total Posts: 1385

Leif,

In the US a senior is a student who is in his 4th year of high school and about to graduate. It's common to take "senior photos" to remember the year and the subject will sometimes want to feature a favorite hobby, sport, interest, etc.. during the shoot.

edit: "senior" can also refer to someone in his or her 4th year of university but when talking about "senior pictures" people typically are referring to a senior in high school.

brad

DABNIK
Total Posts: 526

Great shots. Really great timing on the tee shot (nice swing - the little &^%(*&)

LeifG
Total Posts: 1016

DigMeTX wrote:
Leif,

In the US a senior is a student who is in his 4th year of high school and about to graduate. It's common to take "senior photos" to remember the year and the subject will sometimes want to feature a favorite hobby, sport, interest, etc.. during the shoot.

edit: "senior" can also refer to someone in his or her 4th year of university but when talking about "senior pictures" people typically are referring to a senior in high school.

brad

Aha. Thank you. We (UK) have 'senior citizens' - older people - and 'senior moments' e.g. going to fetch something, then forgetting what we went to fetch.

DigMeTX

Leif ,

We have those sayings as well. Funny thing when they clash - I was considering
Starting a launching point website for my senior photography. I live in central Texas which is commonly called the heart of Texas and oft-abbreviated as H.o.T. I briefly considered calling it hotseniors until I thought of all of the strange stuff on the internet that it might possibly be confused with!

brad

bkwphoto
Total Posts: 215

Nice poses and shots except for pretty much blown highlights through out for my taste. With the great 600d sensor you really need to expose for the highlights and pull the shadows. Just saying.

DigMeTX

The D600 is actually better than any other current Nikon at pulling detail back into seemingly blown highlights from what I've seen so you could go either way in the regard.

brad

dj dunzie
Total Posts: 6984

DigMeTX wrote:
Leif ,

We have those sayings as well. Funny thing when they clash - I was considering
Starting a launching point website for my senior photography. I live in central Texas which is commonly called the heart of Texas and oft-abbreviated as H.o.T. I briefly considered calling it hotseniors until I thought of all of the strange stuff on the internet that it might possibly be confused with!

brad

To the OP - I enjoyed this set, right from the first image. I agree a couple of these images come off a little hot, but I know you were going for good exposure to the face so they work for me. Some tough backlighting in a few of these for sure, but a very nice job overall... thanks for sharing!

roman.johnston
Total Posts: 2418

Thats not a senior....its just a kid...cant be any older than 17 or 18.

All kidding aside...nice shoot.

Roman

Graceology
Total Posts: 191

Thanks guys, sorry for the confusion on the "Senior" photos It is going to take a bit for me to get completely comfortable with the 600. Something is just off on this camera and I do not know what it is. Side by side with my D700, same lens, exact same setup and settings, the D700 blows it away on natural color and white balance. I just shot a wedding yesterday and used the 600 for about 1200 of the photos, we will see today when I edit how it is handling.

Zebrabot
Total Posts: 918

most look overexposed.