Sekonic L-558 question
/forum/topic/1156716/0

iShoot
Total Posts: 414

Hello everyone,

I just acquired a L-558 and I can't seem to get it to shutter priority. I'm always in aperture priority. I keep scrolling and the "T" will not get highlighted. Any help is appreciated!

JohnBrose
Total Posts: 2167

Is it in incident mode or in flash? In flash measurement, I believe it will always be in aperture priority. There should be a manual you can find online somewhere.

iShoot

Hello John,

I referred to the manual and I'm still stumped. It simply says use the jog wheel to get to the mode but still no dice. I'm in incident mode.

BrianO
Total Posts: 8566

Any luck yet, Don?

iShoot

Sorry Brian, I've been shooting all week. Yes I managed to figure it out. The meter was throwing me off because when I went into the mode with the highlighted "T" (shutter priority) it gave me a F/S next to the number. I kept scrolling through the numbers and found what I wanted. Thank you so much!

BrianO
Total Posts: 8566

iShoot wrote: ...when I went into the mode with the highlighted "T" (shutter priority) it gave me a F/S next to the number...

Well, you've now discovered Sekonic's hidden bonus feature: the standard 558 and 758 have a subset of the Cine models' "Frames per Second" metering for shooting motion pictures. As you found, you just keep scrolling to get back to still-camera numbers.

Glad everything worked out.