My new site is up
/forum/topic/1156690/0

Skarkowtsky
Total Posts: 1419

Hi guys,

Just launched my new site. Please take a look. I'll be adding additional photos over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,
John
http://www.johnsurace.com

cwebster
Total Posts: 3394

Nice site John. Clean, minimalist.

My only nit would be that I don't much like the effect when you click "Enlarge" that causes the rest of the page to be a dim background around the selected images. The visual clutter is distracting.

I hope you're doing well

<Chas>

Skarkowtsky

Thank you, Chas. I'm using a WordPress theme. I'm new to that sort of interface, though I believe the theme contains short codes that will allow me to customize the features. I might be able to reduce opacity of background, or even set it to black when photos are enlarged.

Annapurna
Total Posts: 67

Great photos. Simple and effective website. I could learn something.

chez
Total Posts: 7794

The initial layout is very nice, but when viewing an image enlarged, the surrounding images are very distracting. I'd somehow remove the distracting background so all focus goes to the enlarged image. As it stands, the enlarged image competes for attention with the cluttered background. I tried a couple images enlarged and this background distraction caused me to give up on looking at any more. This needs fixing IMO.

Skarkowtsky

Trying to work this issue out, thanks!

Skarkowtsky

Thank you for the kind words, Anna.