ultimate NAS!
/forum/topic/1156681/1

end

Trevorma
Total Posts: 464

I would bet they got a MASSIVE deal since the CP used to be a Canon user......

I would be willing to bet my gear that Nikon did not make ANY money on this, but the fact that the main Canadian Photo Company is using Nikon now is worth it.....

DontShoot
Total Posts: 2367

Where's the gear? Those are just boxes

boshek
Total Posts: 948

trenchmonkey wrote:
Why are they buying 17-35 lenses though?
You must not have ever had a good copy, Matt. The center sharpness (FX)
is insane and is the best wide AF zoom for PJ work. They'll bury me w/mine.

Let me know what cemetery so I can grab it!

VladiD
Total Posts: 984

PHOTOSHOPPPPPPPEEEEDDDD!!!!

DavidM5
Total Posts: 524

VladiD wrote:

Definitely NOT!

I spoke to Nikon NPS about the deal yesterday and it's as real as it gets.

VladiD
Total Posts: 984

DavidM5 wrote:
VladiD wrote:

Definitely NOT!

I spoke to Nikon NPS about the deal yesterday and it's as real as it gets.

I was just being obnoxious...

Kittyk
Total Posts: 4405

Trevorma wrote:
I would bet they got a MASSIVE deal since the CP used to be a Canon user......

I would be willing to bet my gear that Nikon did not make ANY money on this, but the fact that the main Canadian Photo Company is using Nikon now is worth it.....

why to give a big deal to your biggest pro customers? sure they got something (not that they would be shopping for retail prices) but there is not much motivation from nikon to go under regular dealer prices. They are used to sell to big customers.

traveler
Total Posts: 3453

Kind of like what it must be like to be inside Fort Knox Would be nice if they just let you walk up and take your pick huh.....

byteseller
Total Posts: 1875

Man that's a lot of gear I wonder what the $ values is. Must have been a great year for maple syrup and beaver pelts ;-)

bblanco
Total Posts: 298

KittyK,

I'd have to agree with Trevorma on this one. I'd also bet Nikon sold them this stuff either at cost or at a loss. It's a smart move really, and if I were Nikon I'd do the same thing. It's my understanding that the pro market is actually not very lucrative for Nikon and Canon because there really are not *that* many of us. Yes, there are some big sales here and there (and this one is actually pretty small compared to some I've seen) but their money comes from the amateurs and advanced amateurs who see that a major news wire service is issuing their shooters *** insert product here*** which can be a big motivator to that amateur market that is their bread and butter.

The CP shooters end up being unintentional brand ambassadors to some extent.

Trevorma
Total Posts: 464

their money comes from the amateurs and advanced amateurs who see that a major news wire service is issuing their shooters *** insert product here*** which can be a big motivator to that amateur market that is their bread and butter.

Bang on!!! The CP in Canada is EVERYWHERE at sports, news ect..... just for their photogs to be seen carrying Nikon gear is worth it. I know guys with Reuters who have personal gear sponsorships.....

Willy Y.
Total Posts: 318

Those are just empty boxes, they picked them up from the local camera shop so they could pack them for a move. It has nothing to do with camera gear or the press or anything... eh?

end