Qustion on Gitzo three-leg carbon fiber tripod
/forum/topic/1156440/0

1
       2       3       end

epphoto
Registered: Apr 24, 2005
Total Posts: 5137
Country: United States

OK Im looking to buy a 3 leg carbon fiber tripod from Gitzo with leveling base
can you please help me with Gitzo? I got so confused
Thanks



dcains
Registered: Oct 09, 2005
Total Posts: 7377
Country: United States

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/568869-REG/Gitzo_GT2531LVL_GT2531LVL_Leveling_6X_Carbon.html

FWIW, I've got the 4-section version (GT2540LVL), and it's a great tripod.



epphoto
Registered: Apr 24, 2005
Total Posts: 5137
Country: United States

dcains wrote:
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/568869-REG/Gitzo_GT2531LVL_GT2531LVL_Leveling_6X_Carbon.html

FWIW, I've got the 4-section version (GT2540LVL), and it's a great tripod.


I was looking one with leveling base
Thanks



EB-1
Registered: Jan 09, 2003
Total Posts: 22253
Country: United States

epphoto wrote:
OK Im looking to buy a 3 leg carbon fiber tripod from Gitzo with leveling base


What other kind is there? You want a tripod with 4 legs?

I use a 3531LS with the RRS leveling base. I strongly recommend the RRS base as it weighs half as much as the Gitzo leveling base. Here is the one you should order, because it has the longer handle.

EBH



dcains
Registered: Oct 09, 2005
Total Posts: 7377
Country: United States

epphoto wrote:
dcains wrote:
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/568869-REG/Gitzo_GT2531LVL_GT2531LVL_Leveling_6X_Carbon.html

FWIW, I've got the 4-section version (GT2540LVL), and it's a great tripod.


I was looking one with leveling base
Thanks


That tripod has a leveling base built in, thus the LVL designation in its model number.



epphoto
Registered: Apr 24, 2005
Total Posts: 5137
Country: United States

Thanks my friend
Its leveling colom I'm looking for leveling base

dcains wrote:
epphoto wrote:
dcains wrote:
Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/568869-REG/Gitzo_GT2531LVL_GT2531LVL_Leveling_6X_Carbon.html

FWIW, I've got the 4-section version (GT2540LVL), and it's a great tripod.


I was looking one with leveling base
Thanks


That tripod has a leveling base built in, thus the LVL designation in its model number.



epphoto
Registered: Apr 24, 2005
Total Posts: 5137
Country: United States

Haha!! I made a mistake
Thanks but I'm not looking for RRS

epphoto wrote:
OK Im looking to buy a 3 leg carbon fiber tripod from Gitzo with leveling base

EB-1 wrote:
What other kind is there? You want a tripod with 4 legs?

I use a 3531LS with the RRS leveling base. I strongly recommend the RRS base as it weighs half as much as the Gitzo leveling base. Here is the one you should order, because it has the longer handle.

EBH




dcains
Registered: Oct 09, 2005
Total Posts: 7377
Country: United States

Do you want just the leveling base, so you can remove it from the tripod when not needed? The built in leveling base in the Gitzo LVL tripods is lighter and more compact than adding a separate leveling base to a regular tripod, but it works exactly the same (15 degrees of adjustment, I believe).

From the description on the B&H page: This Leveling tripod has a ball joint-mounted center column designed to let you get your camera perfectly level simply by adjusting the column inclination, instead of having to set each leg individually.



dcains
Registered: Oct 09, 2005
Total Posts: 7377
Country: United States

I can post some detailed pics of mine later, if you need them. Let me know.



sjms
Registered: Mar 21, 2003
Total Posts: 18678
Country: United States

legs
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/846212-REG/Gitzo_GT3532S_GT3542LS_6x_4_SECTION_SYSTEMATIC.html
platform/base/halfball
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/569209-REG/Gitzo_GS5121LVL_GS5121LV_Leveling_Base.html

the other option is to go straight to the top and not look back:

legs HD
http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=TVC-33&type=4&eq=&desc=TVC-33-Versa-Series-3-Tripod&key=it
platform/base/halfball HD
http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=TA-3-LB&type=0

legs RD
http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=TVC-23&type=4&eq=&desc=TVC-23-Versa-Series-2-Tripod&key=it
platform/base/halfball RD
http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=TA-2-LB&type=0







epphoto
Registered: Apr 24, 2005
Total Posts: 5137
Country: United States

This is exactly what i was looking to get !!
Question for you, Gitzo has lots of tripods do you know of any to spent total of $800.00??
like an older model or something
Thanks for your help




sjms wrote:
legs
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/846212-REG/Gitzo_GT3532S_GT3542LS_6x_4_SECTION_SYSTEMATIC.html
platform/base
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/569209-REG/Gitzo_GS5121LVL_GS5121LV_Leveling_Base.html




dcains
Registered: Oct 09, 2005
Total Posts: 7377
Country: United States

Great choice if you need a 3-series. The LVL class tripods only come in 2-series, which is smaller and lighter, and the center column can not be removed.



EB-1
Registered: Jan 09, 2003
Total Posts: 22253
Country: United States

epphoto wrote:
Haha!! I made a mistake
Thanks but I'm not looking for RRS


I meant just the leveling base, not the tripod. The Gitzo leveling base is very heavy. You'll see.

EBH



sjms
Registered: Mar 21, 2003
Total Posts: 18678
Country: United States

as a kit together i will have to say no.

they are coming out with lighter duty models similar to RRS. unfortunately for you they to will command a higher price. they will be the series 2 systematic models.

http://www.gitzo.us/product/72038.71837.72020.0.0/GT2532S/_/SYSTEMATIC_Series_2_carbon_tripod%2C_3-section_standard_level

if your in this pricing i'd be looking into RRS for a better design, functionality, lighter weight better built.

at this point i know of no other manufactures other the RRS and Gitzo that offers the level of quality and versatility they both bring to the market.



epphoto
Registered: Apr 24, 2005
Total Posts: 5137
Country: United States

Thank you my friend !!


sjms wrote:
as a kit together i will have to say no.

they are coming out with lighter duty models similar to RRS. unfortunately for you they to will command a higher price. they will be the series 2 systematic models.

http://www.gitzo.us/product/72038.71837.72020.0.0/GT2532S/_/SYSTEMATIC_Series_2_carbon_tripod%2C_3-section_standard_level

if your in this pricing i'd be looking into RRS for a better design, functionality, lighter weight better built.

at this point i know of no other manufactures other the RRS and Gitzo that offers the level of quality and versatility they both bring to the market.



dcains
Registered: Oct 09, 2005
Total Posts: 7377
Country: United States

That new 2-series systematic is actually a few ounces heavier than my GT2540LVL, even without a leveling function, column, and 4-section legs. At that price RRS is looking like the better choice.



epphoto
Registered: Apr 24, 2005
Total Posts: 5137
Country: United States

dcains wrote:
That new 2-series systematic is actually a few ounces heavier than my GT2540LVL, even without a leveling function, column, and 4-section legs. At that price RRS is looking like the better choice.


Thanks for your help
I find out 4 section tripods are not my think
I got use to 3 section for 7 years now,I had one and sold it
Thanks again



sjms
Registered: Mar 21, 2003
Total Posts: 18678
Country: United States

i use 3 and 4 section models interchangeably. the only 3 section one i have out of the 3 i use is my largest the RRS TVC33 and that is setup with the leveling head. the mid sized one used to be my travel and is still my close up/macro setup which is a Gitzo GT2540ex (explorer) where the 4 section legs are a definite plus. last and the most recent add on is the RRS TQC14 which is as rigid as a 25xx series Gitzo but more compact and lighter but supports in the same range.

at this point my golf bag of tripods is complete.



dcains
Registered: Oct 09, 2005
Total Posts: 7377
Country: United States

When you're dealing with Gitzo's G-Lock legs, the 4-section are just as stable as the 3. Wish I could say I've had experience with the RRS tripods, but it's a sure bet the same is true.



sjms
Registered: Mar 21, 2003
Total Posts: 18678
Country: United States

It is



1
       2       3       end