Canon got no "digital" promo...Surf movie spot...
/forum/topic/1156190/0

reno.peterson
Total Posts: 3077

I wonder how much, if any, they paid for this plug? What lens is that? Who's used it? Possibly that setup? Do you have any scan's from it you could share? Maybe even surfers?

This is a quick "scene shot" from the new surf movie "Chasing Mavericks"...Surf's up dude!!!

Gochugogi
Total Posts: 9794

Looks like a 1980s T70...

galenapass
Total Posts: 3836

StillFingerz
Total Posts: 3533

T70 and nFD 300 f2.8L? Shooting what film I wonder
Thought maybe a T90 at 1st but it's strap lugs are on the sides...

filmjuicer
Total Posts: 36

Yeah. Looks like a T70 and FD 300mm 2.8. The T90 body is a little bigger and more rounded, like an EOS-1. (T90 would make more sense with that lens though.)

Besides, I highly doubt Canon had any product-placement involvement here. If they did, they would probably have given them newer equipment to use. Unless its a period movie taking place in the 80's, most likely, it was cheaper/easier for the props department to get an older "pro-looking" setup like this versus a newer EOS-EF setup.

4x4rock
Total Posts: 1576

I still have that camera!

Gochugogi
Total Posts: 9794

filmjuicer wrote:
Yeah. Looks like a T70 and FD 300mm 2.8. The T90 body is a little bigger and more rounded, like an EOS-1. (T90 would make more sense with that lens though.)

Besides, I highly doubt Canon had any product-placement involvement here. If they did, they would probably have given them newer equipment to use. Unless its a period movie taking place in the 80's, most likely, it was cheaper/easier for the props department to get an older "pro-looking" setup like this versus a newer EOS-EF setup.

I can read actually "T70" on the front of the pentaprism. It was a very ugly but distinctive camera due to the boxy shape. The T90 was a very handsome camera with aerodynamic curves.