Surf
/forum/topic/1155803/0

treebeard
Total Posts: 7827

Nothing special, I just liked it.

harshaj1
Total Posts: 18502

I like it too. Simple but enjoyable shot.
Harsha

treebeard

harshaj1 wrote:
I like it too. Simple but enjoyable shot.
Harsha

Thanks Harsha.

Jim Bau
Total Posts: 1420

Do you have a color version of this shot? For my taste, the B&W conversion on this shot is kinda "muddy." I am by no means good at B&W processing, but the conversion looks like it is lacking in contrast to be a B&W shot. I'd be interested to see the color version as I suspect it would work better. I like the simlicity of the comp and everything else, just not so fond of the B&W.

JimFox
Total Posts: 37959

A nice simple shot. Sometimes shots get too complicated for our own good. Nice work here.

Jim

treebeard

JimFox wrote:
A nice simple shot. Sometimes shots get too complicated for our own good. Nice work here.

Jim

Thanks Jim.

treebeard

Jim Bau wrote:
Do you have a color version of this shot? For my taste, the B&W conversion on this shot is kinda "muddy." I am by no means good at B&W processing, but the conversion looks like it is lacking in contrast to be a B&W shot. I'd be interested to see the color version as I suspect it would work better. I like the simlicity of the comp and everything else, just not so fond of the B&W.

Here is the color version. It was extremely overcast and misty out yesterday hence the B&W conversion.

Chris Tylko
Total Posts: 837

Yup, nice subtle image; I prefer the color simply because its brighter than the B&W. In any event I'd clone out the seagull because it just looks like a bad piece of dirt on the sensor (actually thought it was on my screen). And its ever so slightly tilted towards the left.

treebeard

Will do the clone thing. I will fix the tilt AGAIN.

Jim Bau
Total Posts: 1420

Much better! The subtle tones in the color work much better IMHO.

treebeard

Jim Bau wrote:
Much better! The subtle tones in the color work much better IMHO.

Thanks. I guess I am sort of partial to the color version now that I have worked on it a bit more.

Chris Tylko
Total Posts: 837

Nice. There are so few colors that its what I like to call a monochromatic shot. Its a little like my Aletsch glacier shot (http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1153351/0#11005340). Come to think of it, depending on decor, this would look nice on aluminum too.