Ideas about carrying 2 cameras at one time...
/forum/topic/1155719/1

3       end

NickMacCarthy
Total Posts: 7

I was having this issue every few weddings. I think what was happening, it when I was shooting landscape, and then moving the camera to portrait, my hands where were inadvertently pushing down the lens release button during the twist and it was just enough to loosen the lens.

In the past few weddings I haven't had this issue since I put the battery grip on. Personally, I'm not a fan of grips, but it really does balance out the 5DIII with a 70-200.

cordellwillis
Total Posts: 5080

mccallmedia wrote:
I've had this before where you have a mild panic attack thinking something's wrong with the camera when you just didn't turn the lens all the way on.

I believe it is as simple as this. If you've done what you're doing for years without issue maybe there is no real issue; it's just so happens that you didn't turn the lens all the way this particular time.

maxwell1295
Total Posts: 6363

I haven't worn 2 cameras in ages. When I did it was with the BlackRapid dual strap and never had a problem....besides carrying TWO freaking cameras.

fotojennik
Total Posts: 175

paparazzinick wrote:
fotojennik wrote:
Spider Dual Camera System for me, couldn't imagine it any other way.

http://www.spiderholster.com/dual-camera-system.html

you like that? doesnt feel weird running around all day?

Not in the slightest. It is very secure and holds the camera close to my body so they don't swing around at all. I can crouch and move freely and not even worry about the camera banging into something. It does make me a bit "wider" but I'm quite skinny to begin with so it isn't that big of an issue. I just turn sideways when going through aisles/doorways/etc...

blackdogimages
Total Posts: 849

After reading a recent thread here on FM I ordered the HoldFast MoneyMaker system from a photographer in Tulsa, OK: http://holdfastgear.com/?products/money-maker.html
Wow! When I received mine this week I was blown away and have no doubt they they will last forever. Be sure to CLICK on the Gallery button and they show a female photographer wearing the system.

StephenAndrew
Total Posts: 45

Spider holster FTW. Way better than any strap system that I can imagine. Although I've heard nothing but good things about the Money Maker too, but I prefer the weight to be off my shoulders.

form
Total Posts: 3809

I don't ever have this problem with accidental pushing of the release button...and I shoot 2 cameras all day. But then I hold my cameras oddly and shoot mostly in horizontal/landscape position.

friscoron
Total Posts: 5278

Spider holster for me as well.

g-money
Total Posts: 793

I have used the BR dual for several years and other than looking really dorky, I really like it.

I do like the looks of the spider holster and want to give it a try, but as someone who suffers from noassatall I'm not sure this belt system would be the best method for me. It is hard enough keeping the britches pulled up as it is

Greg

sherijohnson
Total Posts: 3611

g-money wrote:
I have used the BR dual for several years and other than looking really dorky, I really like it.

I do like the looks of the spider holster and want to give it a try, but as someone who suffers from noassatall I'm not sure this belt system would be the best method for me. It is hard enough keeping the britches pulled up as it is

Greg

I can relate to your thoughts on that, I don't think I would be able to do anything that requires a belt that holds stuff that heavy unless it was the system that goes over the shoulders too.

sherijohnson

blackdogimages wrote:
After reading a recent thread here on FM I ordered the HoldFast MoneyMaker system from a photographer in Tulsa, OK: http://holdfastgear.com/?products/money-maker.html
Wow! When I received mine this week I was blown away and have no doubt they they will last forever. Be sure to CLICK on the Gallery button and they show a female photographer wearing the system.

wow, that looks really classy thanks for sharing this info!

sherijohnson

NickMacCarthy wrote:
I was having this issue every few weddings. I think what was happening, it when I was shooting landscape, and then moving the camera to portrait, my hands where were inadvertently pushing down the lens release button during the twist and it was just enough to loosen the lens.

In the past few weddings I haven't had this issue since I put the battery grip on. Personally, I'm not a fan of grips, but it really does balance out the 5DIII with a 70-200.

this might be a good thing for me to try to.... I have not done a grip yet.

Gary Harfield
Total Posts: 1873

http://www.prophotoshow.net/2009/05/18/canon-5d-mk2-lens-falling-off-problem/

Happen to me, 5DMKII hit the ground, 70-200 2.8IS was on Dual RS Strap

Swaggart
Total Posts: 109

Thanks for posting this! Hey guys, I'm Matt Swaggart a wedding photog out of Oklahoma and the creator of HoldFast. I originally built and designed the gear for my own use in humanitarian and wedding settings, after enough interest I decided to make it available to others. If you have any questions give me a shout!

DONIV
Total Posts: 276

dual spider holster is great...built like a tank. i added a think tank-skin body bag that fits lens/flash/batts. ect

my fav. combo thus far

fotojennik
Total Posts: 175

g-money wrote:

Greg

FYI - I also suffer from noassatall...like none. The belt holds up absolutely fine, never sags at all with both cameras attached.

salmanphoto
Total Posts: 66

I shoot with two bodies all the time - this has never happened.

sherijohnson

Gary Harfield wrote:
http://www.prophotoshow.net/2009/05/18/canon-5d-mk2-lens-falling-off-problem/

Happen to me, 5DMKII hit the ground, 70-200 2.8IS was on Dual RS Strap

Gary, thanks for sharing the link, I see this has happened to a LOT of photographers, wow!

G-Gore
Total Posts: 421

It happened to me once - almost dropped it - also on 70-200mm lens. I think it's the way you hold the lens and operate the zoom ring - with the bottom of the left hand you are able to push the release button in, and the lens is being released slightly - few maneuvers later and it's completely detached. I'd say it's a design flaw - the button is too soft.

sherijohnson

G-Gore wrote:
It happened to me once - almost dropped it - also on 70-200mm lens. I think it's the way you hold the lens and operate the zoom ring - with the bottom of the left hand you are able to push the release button in, and the lens is being released slightly - few maneuvers later and it's completely detached. I'd say it's a design flaw - the button is too soft.

I finally got to seeing images I shot when this happened. I found a few where the lens was not making contact with the camera, the images can be used but you can tell in LR that no lens is attached to the camera, this would be when the body was showing "0.0" in the f stop setting.

3       end