The End of Facebook Marketing
/forum/topic/1155663/1

3              5       6       end

RDKirk
Total Posts: 8976

Prettym1k3 wrote:
I'm with the tagging crew. If I don't tag someone in my album/images, I see hardly any traffic. But if I can get the mom, dad, bride, groom, etc. tagged in the images, I see 10x as much traffic.

Also Facebook's value is built on marketing and information. Their huge 1/2 billion user base (or more by now) means that Facebook can't entirely just do what they want. So they can't just keep selling user information or "leaking" it for marketing purposes. But they can charge businesses. And then drive them to Google+ or other modes of marketing. Because the value in Facebook is the free aspect or viral media.

Facebook needs to wake up and realize that their value really, truly doesn't exist. They sell nothing. They have nothing of value that they can actually do anything with.

With a 1/2 billion base, actually they can do whatever they want.

Facebook hasn't tapped fully into it's real value--what they can actually sell is definitely marketing intelligence. They just haven't packaged it--or found a marketing intelligence analytical partner to wholesale to.

tobicus
Total Posts: 1595

Yup, Facebook is floundering under its own weight now. Only a matter of time before it's surpassed by something with less B.S.

amonline
Total Posts: 6978

dhp_sf wrote:
so if you just post one teaser image it will show up in feeds? does this only affect albums?

I don't know about from a business page. I've been posting from my personal. I share the album/link from the business page. Just the album does not show anymore.

Tony Hoffer wrote:
For those of you tagging, I think that might not work as well as it had previously based upon my tests last week. I uploaded a wedding and tagged the B&G in every photo. After nearly an hour the album had 2 views. Typically I have nearly 3-4k in that time.

This is true.

tobicus wrote:
Yup, Facebook is floundering under its own weight now. Only a matter of time before it's surpassed by something with less B.S.

Yup.

friscoron
Total Posts: 5415

This is just stupid. If FB users did not want to see our content, they would not "like" us. From what I've read, FB seems to think that instead of engaging with our likers as we have done in the past, we will gladly pay for that service.

I won't give them a damned dime.

jprezant
Total Posts: 8190

since most of my fans are friends with each other, or friends with clients. Tagging the photos will still show up
on newsfeeds of friends of the tagged people. Did that make sense?

But beyond that... yea, the reach has been cut severely. And just as I started to use my fb page again. Damn!

lukeb
Total Posts: 1892

TRReichman wrote:
Goes to show you that you can't rely on some other platform to do the marketing for you. Audience building ought to be done on a platform that you own completely.

- trr

+1

sherijohnson
Total Posts: 3661

thanks for sharing all of these updates and insights, I have only been posting teaser images, but still seeing traffic on those

Sergio Mottola
Total Posts: 3910

having great success with sponsored posts

TRReichman
Total Posts: 3031

Sergio Mottola wrote:

How much $$ for how much reach?

- trr

Robin Usagani
Total Posts: 2864

Tony Hoffer wrote:
For those of you tagging, I think that might not work as well as it had previously based upon my tests last week. I uploaded a wedding and tagged the B&G in every photo. After nearly an hour the album had 2 views. Typically I have nearly 3-4k in that time.

Seriously? Did you tag the post or the photo? Did you click on a face and tag or just put with so and so at the bottom? If you tag someone's face, it should show up on most of their friend's wall.. but only friends of theirs who interact with them a lot.

TomHarmon
Total Posts: 873

TRReichman wrote:
Sergio Mottola wrote:

How much $$ for how much reach?

- trr

It only let's me go $5 or $10. Seems to being working pretty good, but I find that the sponsored post shows up in my feed at random times, like 3am sometimes.

mikethevilla
Total Posts: 2594

Something to note:

If you tag a client, a photo will have a much smaller reach than if the client tags themselves. Not quite sure on the statistics/details of it, but I know it's a significant difference.

Now if someone can just come up with a tactful way to ask the clients to tag ALL the photos...

Robin Usagani

mikethevilla wrote:
Something to note:

If you tag a client, a photo will have a much smaller reach than if the client tags themselves. Not quite sure on the statistics/details of it, but I know it's a significant difference.

Now if someone can just come up with a tactful way to ask the clients to tag ALL the photos...

Where did you get this info?

D. Diggler
Total Posts: 5926

Tony Hoffer wrote:
it appears the days of free Facebook marketing are behind us ...
Does this change affect your business?

"Facebook marketing"? What's that.

Tony Hoffer
Total Posts: 8915

D. Diggler wrote:

"Facebook marketing"? What's that.

widjayaman
Total Posts: 645

oh snap.

StephanieTo
Total Posts: 52

If you tag someone and you only had 1-2 views, chances are those people have privacy settings where their friends can't see tagged photos of them. Sometimes that's the case.

Robin Usagani

StephanieTo wrote:
If you tag someone and you only had 1-2 views, chances are those people have privacy settings where their friends can't see tagged photos of them. Sometimes that's the case.

Ding ding ding.. winner winner chicken dinner. I bet you this is accurate.

HLPoulos
Total Posts: 811

With my last wedding, I posted 3 photos. I left the setting on "public," tagged the b, g, and family, and have way more "likes" on them than most of my other stuff (which is set to friends only). I rarely use my business page; I get way more traffic (and referrals) from my personal page.
That said, most of my referrals are word of mouth, and they message me (and then I friend them) through FB.
It's hard for me to complain about free marketing, since word of mouth is my biggest base.

Robin Usagani

HLPoulos wrote:
With my last wedding, I posted 3 photos. I left the setting on "public," tagged the b, g, and family, and have way more "likes" on them than most of my other stuff (which is set to friends only). I rarely use my business page; I get way more traffic (and referrals) from my personal page.
That said, most of my referrals are word of mouth, and they message me (and then I friend them) through FB.
It's hard for me to complain about free marketing, since word of mouth is my biggest base.

Haley, I know what you are saying about personal page. This is what I have been doing... post the photos on the business page, tag clients, TAG YOUR SELF on your signature or something. Win!

3              5       6       end