American Soldier on Leave in Canada
/forum/topic/1155601/2

1       2      
       end

neighbourboy
Total Posts: 2657

Rick Joyce wrote:

I think this topic has been belabored and beaten to death enough here.

So I'm completely confused. Why did you post it again, after it went round and round for 6 pages, the last time you posted it?

--David

Ballistics
Total Posts: 256

alohadave wrote:
rodmcwha wrote:
"He's out of uniform"!!!!!!
With what our soldiers are being asked to endure, right now, and the lack of support from the government that is requiring it, I think that comment is offensive!
A great many of our returning vets are suffering PTSD and/or physical damage that will last a lifetime.
Many have had to come to grips with seeing friends blown apart in front of them.
Yet your only concern is he isn't spit and polish and making a good little ornament for your mistaken impression of American superiority in all things!

I apologize, as I know this is a photo forum, but, you sir, dishonored a soldier!

BS. If you are going to wear the uniform and serve, you had better wear it properly, especially around civilians. You are a representative of the service when you wear your uniform in public.

PTSD and battle injuries don't excuse not wearing the uniform properly.

As a recently honorably discharged vet myself, I completely agree. 110% agree. Full beard and a tank top? C'mon. There's a level of discipline and professionalism that goes into that uniform. There's no excuse for this. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing my dress uniform this way.

a2rob
Total Posts: 657

Ballistics wrote:
alohadave wrote:
rodmcwha wrote:
"He's out of uniform"!!!!!!
With what our soldiers are being asked to endure, right now, and the lack of support from the government that is requiring it, I think that comment is offensive!
A great many of our returning vets are suffering PTSD and/or physical damage that will last a lifetime.
Many have had to come to grips with seeing friends blown apart in front of them.
Yet your only concern is he isn't spit and polish and making a good little ornament for your mistaken impression of American superiority in all things!

I apologize, as I know this is a photo forum, but, you sir, dishonored a soldier!

BS. If you are going to wear the uniform and serve, you had better wear it properly, especially around civilians. You are a representative of the service when you wear your uniform in public.

PTSD and battle injuries don't excuse not wearing the uniform properly.

As a recently honorably discharged vet myself, I completely agree. 110% agree. Full beard and a tank top? C'mon. There's a level of discipline and professionalism that goes into that uniform. There's no excuse for this. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing my dress uniform this way.

...As a veteran of 13 years, I feel the same.

henrynvirginia
Total Posts: 144

What's the point of reposting this issue, since it's not really about photography? It had the same reaction as the first time. The poster looses credibility in the process in my opinion. Is this a political statement?

Charles Gallo
Total Posts: 545

Simple - what is the name on that name tag - there are places you can forward this, and either confirm that he is what he claims, or that he's a douche

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?page_id=30655

1       2      
       end