Pick your (Indonesian) smile
/forum/topic/1155580/0

Velu01
Total Posts: 2586

Story behind this picture, shooting the band "Sambasunda" from West-Java.
Backstage, I wanted to catch this guy's portrait, but being rather shy, he did hide his face, partly, behind this flyer.
Instead of convincing him to drop it, I encouraged him to hold it and kinda "directed" him (pointing left and right), in order to catch this shot.

Nothing special, just funny, since all three smiles kinda fit him.

He still doesn't know why I did that

Shot on Leica M6 35 f2 Tri-X,
Post-processing involves developing, making a picture of the negative with a friends macro lens, inverted it in photoshop, ... wish they came up with a digital system

Rgds
Velu

Velu01

Ouch ... noticed the lack of contrast in the previous one ...this one better ? ( less worse)
( for sure, this "workflow" of taking a picture of the negative, and so on, is not doing this film a favour, hah)

Steady Hand
Total Posts: 15596

I like the photo.

I prefer image variation 1.

Velu01

Steady Hand wrote:
I like the photo.

I prefer image variation 1.

Ah, thanks !

Rgds
Velu

neighbourboy
Total Posts: 2671

Really like the humor in this one. Can't make up my mind on the two though. In the past I would have definitely chosen #2, but I've come to enjoy that sorta washed out look lately. But I think this time, I'm going to have to go with more contrast as the winner for me.

--David

deinfaces
Total Posts: 2517

Very creative and fun.

Velu01

neighbourboy wrote:
Really like the humor in this one. Can't make up my mind on the two though. In the past I would have definitely chosen #2, but I've come to enjoy that sorta washed out look lately. But I think this time, I'm going to have to go with more contrast as the winner for me.

--David

Thank you David,

Anyway, it's a fact that it's not my regular workflow ( as stated above), and true, these days, you can/may choose to go the more or less contrast road.

But as I said, it's a fun shot

Thanks

Rgds
Velu