British Superbikes - Silverstone
/forum/topic/1155183/0

norty
Total Posts: 182

Went to Silverstone for the BSB round, found it rather hard to get my *** into gear. Bit different from Olivers Mount

1. Tommy Hill had another (by his standards) bad weekend

2. Me and my shadow

3. Pressing on

4. Ben Wilson won his first Supersport race of the year

5. Shakey Bryne leads the championship

6. Time for a cuppa?

7. The racing was red hot

8. And that was not the only thing

10. All Alone

11. Rumbling

12. Not quite in the plan

Not really happy with my weekend so comments/c&c most welcomed,
thanks for looking

Jefferson
Total Posts: 4463

I've been shooting WERA at Road Atlanta this weekend...finally get to shoot some bikes again...

Some good stuff as normal...That end shot's got class...

norty

Jefferson wrote:
I've been shooting WERA at Road Atlanta this weekend...finally get to shoot some bikes again...

Some good stuff as normal...That end shot's got class...

Cheers Jefferson - kinda like the last one myself, missed the actual crash itself.

R.Young
Total Posts: 915

Nice one Norty, were you accredited? Seem to have got a load of shots I've never been able to get from my last few visits. It's a very tough place to shoot as a spectator. Any tips on how to get accredited for the first time?

Marty Bingham
Total Posts: 2414

Really good composition on these. Thanks for posting.

Marty

norty

R.Young wrote:
Nice one Norty, were you accredited? Seem to have got a load of shots I've never been able to get from my last few visits. It's a very tough place to shoot as a spectator. Any tips on how to get accredited for the first time?

No media vest for me, all taken from the speccy side. But your right not the easiest track from our side of the fence (the closest track to me but I do dislike it). If you want any info on where the pictures where taken, just ask which ones and I try to help.

norty

Marty Bingham wrote:
Really good composition on these. Thanks for posting.

Marty

Cheers Marty

CW100
Total Posts: 4228

great panning shots

R.Young

Erm, pretty much all of them! Only number 8 I have half an idea of where it could be, but even then I'm not totally sure! Well done on finding such great spots! Are these primarily with a 400 2.8? I've ordered one along with an x2 an hoping to somehow bypass the fencing like you have next time I visit

norty

R.Young wrote:
Erm, pretty much all of them! Only number 8 I have half an idea of where it could be, but even then I'm not totally sure! Well done on finding such great spots! Are these primarily with a 400 2.8? I've ordered one along with an x2 an hoping to somehow bypass the fencing like you have next time I visit

All withe a 400mm f2.8 - only problem with it is the bloody weight.

1, On the exit of Chapel Curve, you can with a stoll shot over the fence, but this one was through the fence.

2. Is from the top of the stairs on the new International complex (they don't use this for National meetings, sometimes its roped off others not)

3, 10 & 11 from the inside of the track between the exit of Stowe and Vale.

4. Club corner

5. Chapel Curve

7. Exit of Club entering the new pit straight

9. Luffield

12. Brooklands

If you want to know any more - fire away

R.Young

Thanks very much! Ps been following your stuff for a while. Been really busy with work recently but would love to get your opinions on a few things if that's ok?

norty

R.Young wrote:
Thanks very much! Ps been following your stuff for a while. Been really busy with work recently but would love to get your opinions on a few things if that's ok?

No problem, not sure how much my opinion's worth though. But happy to help if I can, you will have to excuse me if its a few days before I get back to you

Aqualung
Total Posts: 2059

Outstanding set....

Chris

norty

Aqualung wrote:
Outstanding set....

Chris

Cheers Chris