Saw this image and just had to order the DP2M, couldn't fight it
/forum/topic/1155013/7

1       2       3              7      
       end

petermendelson
Total Posts: 2635

Thanks - regarding the colors I adjusted these in LR so the colors are modified. I need how to learn how to use SPP together with LR a little better, but I don't want anyone to think my samples are typical of how the DP2 necessarily performs in this respect. Also, these down sampled JPEGs don't quite get across the 3 dimensional look of what you can get out of this camera - better than my D800E, X-Pro1 and the Leica M9 I recently sold.

philber
Total Posts: 7212

No doubt the phenomenal amount of detail offered by the DP2M translates into realistic 3D. Re: your colours, obviously this is an individual thing. My only issue that I have yet to read anything other than what you have done: I need to get better in order to improve the result. And I have yet to see results that I could live with happily. But that is just me.

petermendelson
Total Posts: 2635

Just to clarify, I don't feel that something is lacking due to my technique (which as I mentioned needs to be refined since I just started with SPP); however, I do realize my results wouldn't necessarily be to everyone's tastes and in these examples I played with various settings so I didn't want people to thing WYSIWYG. If you can download some decent RAW files from the camera from somewhere you can judge better for yourself - I'd be happy to send you some if you like but I don't know how easy it would be to send such large files.

In any event, Luminous Landscape and other sites have much more detail on the camera and results you can expect. All I can say is that I am very pleased so far.

Thanks,

Peter

Yakim Peled
Total Posts: 16903

petermendelson wrote:
All I can say is that I am very pleased so far.

And that's the only thing that matters.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

1       2       3              7      
       end