Just need to vent... Damn customers!!!
/forum/topic/1154660/2

1       2      
       end

paparazzinick
Total Posts: 7405

BKphotography wrote:
If your pulling in that sort of scratch for taking photographs for a living... WHY you bitching?

And thats not every wedding. Just 75%

Inku Yo
Total Posts: 4455

paparazzinick wrote:
DmitriM wrote:
paparazzinick wrote:
DmitriM wrote:
...some of you need to stop taking photo workshops and start taking "customer service workshops".

Or the customers should stop thinking they are shopping at F'n Walmart and give us a little more respect.

To avoid Walmart clients you need to stop being a walmart photographer...
You aren't getting "respect" because something in the way your business is setup or the way you behave tells them they should respect you...
In this case the issue is YOU and not the client. You got a simple request and you flipped. Do yourself a favor and stop blaming clients and start looking at yourself dude.Wedding Photography is highly customer oriented job and obviously it's not for everyone. Luckily pretty much all of us work 9-5 somewhere else....

Yeah, but what does 6500 include? :P
Last time I checked $6500 wasn't a walmart client based wedding. Im pretty sure 10 years and booking solid, this is for me

Inku Yo
Total Posts: 4455

paparazzinick wrote:
DmitriM wrote:
paparazzinick wrote:
DmitriM wrote:
...some of you need to stop taking photo workshops and start taking "customer service workshops".

Or the customers should stop thinking they are shopping at F'n Walmart and give us a little more respect.

You aren't getting "respect" because something in the way your business is setup or the way you behave tells them they should respect you...
In this case the issue is YOU and not the client. You got a simple request and you flipped. Do yourself a favor and stop blaming clients and start looking at yourself dude.Wedding Photography is highly customer oriented job and obviously it's not for everyone. Luckily pretty much all of us work 9-5 somewhere else....

Last time I checked $6500 wasn't a walmart client based wedding. Im pretty sure 10 years and booking solid, this is for me

Yeah, but what does 6500 include?

paparazzinick

Inku Yo wrote:
paparazzinick wrote:
DmitriM wrote:
paparazzinick wrote:
DmitriM wrote:

Yeah, but what does 6500 include?

3 days of coverage, 9 photographers, 8 videographers, 6 albums, 4k slideshow. hahaha

seriously. Its all day coverage, 2 photographers, e-sesh, album, dvd with rights to print and online gallery to place orders and share with guests..... i might add this is what the bride from this wedding got.

D. Diggler
Total Posts: 5850

paparazzinick wrote:
Its all day coverage

So you'll start off at nine in the morning at the hair salon?

Go till the band/DJ stops playing at midnight?

louloulou
Total Posts: 1136

It's good to vent! I get it!
Better to discuss it with your peers and get it off your chest than one day you explode and start screaming at clients...

It's also the repetitive nature of the source of frustration - which is of course human. Every job has 'these' sources of irritation. Like retail for example, my sister manages a retail swimwear store, the last incident that she had to put up with with a strained smile on her face was a customer returning wet swimwear for a refund. That's right, saturated wet bathers. My sister asked her to please take them home and dry them before returning them, but the client rudely refused, got her money back and left. This is just one incident hundreds.

What I'm saying is some humans are just rude and stupid. The best way to resolve irritation towards them is to talk it over with other people who are hopefully like minded.

Did any of that help?

paparazzinick

D. Diggler wrote:
paparazzinick wrote:
Its all day coverage

So you'll start off at nine in the morning at the hair salon?

Go till the band/DJ stops playing at midnight?

Yep. Usually when I am at the hair place and makeup I am only there for 30 minutes. Enough to capture the bride. I spend most of the time talking to the bridesmaides and getting to know everyone. Makes the rest of the day easy. I will then leave and go get breakfast. Meet at hotel or house and get the getting ready stuff. again it is so laid back and low key its not really work. its more like hanging out with friends and taking a few pictures and having fun.

then at the ceremony it gets harder as far as work goes. formals and then fun pics wth the bridal party. thats the roughest but most fun part of the day. get to the reception and it is time to slow things down after the details, first dance and toasts. once the party starts i am basically done. i just walk around with a camera in hand, mingle with people and get shots of people having fun.

So yea if they want me there till midnight i will stay.

but most weddings I start at 11 and leave by 9 at the reception and there is still 2-3 hours left in the reception. i make sure i got enough to tell the story and i ask if there is anything else and I am out.

Then I get some weddings I start at 4 and im done by 8. They all pay the same price.

paparazzinick

louloulou wrote:
It's good to vent! I get it!
Better to discuss it with your peers and get it off your chest than one day you explode and start screaming at clients...

It's also the repetitive nature of the source of frustration - which is of course human. Every job has 'these' sources of irritation. Like retail for example, my sister manages a retail swimwear store, the last incident that she had to put up with with a strained smile on her face was a customer returning wet swimwear for a refund. That's right, saturated wet bathers. My sister asked her to please take them home and dry them before returning them, but the client rudely refused, got her money back and left. This is just one incident hundreds.

What I'm saying is some humans are just rude and stupid. The best way to resolve irritation towards them is to talk it over with other people who are hopefully like minded.

Did any of that help?

Indeed my friend... Made me smile.
thanks

twags
Total Posts: 9

I can't help but wonder why she thinks that you would give her something free that the bride and groom paid for. If she wants to do something nice for them, she should offer to put some $$ towards their own print purchase through you.

1       2      
       end