Cure for Gear Acquisition Syndrom (GAS or NAS)
/forum/topic/1154597/1

end

Andre Labonte
Total Posts: 13389

Two23 wrote:
The way I cured myself of wanting to buy a lot of Nikon stuff I wouldn't really use was to start buying vintage Leica stuff instead. It's a lot smaller and easier to hide in my sock drawer.

Kent in SD

That's not a cure, that's just like moving from one drug to another.

DTOB
Total Posts: 1359

Two23 wrote:
The way I cured myself of wanting to buy a lot of Nikon stuff I wouldn't really use was to start buying vintage Leica stuff instead. It's a lot smaller and easier to hide in my sock drawer.

Kent in SD

My wife washes my socks.

But hey, I've got clean socks!

84FJ60
Total Posts: 307

My oldest child just started college this fall. Although my NAS still exists, it is definitely in remission!

David - a Colorado Nikonian

David Baldwin
Total Posts: 2844

My cure is to tell myself that all of my camera kit must fit into my Pelican case. As this is now full for me to squeeze something new in I must sell an existing item to make room. I like my existing kit so I have a real disincentive to buy new stuff.

Haven't bought anything for more than a year now so it must be working!

Uzay
Total Posts: 1364

I told my dealer not to sell anything to me for at least one year, she was smiling

RRRoger
Total Posts: 1265

David Baldwin wrote:
My cure is to tell myself that all of my camera kit must fit into my Pelican case. As this is now full for me to squeeze something new in I must sell an existing item to make room. I like my existing kit so I have a real disincentive to buy new stuff.

Haven't bought anything for more than a year now so it must be working quote <<<

Obviously, You never had NAS. It is incurable!

I even buy stuff that I know I really do not need nor can I afford.
I have been selling my old stuff because the Equity line on my house is nearly Maxed out from buying Camera related gear.

Hey, NAS made me do it.

The only possible cure I can think of besides death would be Incarceration or Institutionalization.

Taoguy
Total Posts: 905

David Baldwin
My cure is to tell myself that all of my camera kit must fit into my Pelican case.

That works until you realize the many sizes of cases available, once you buy the next case it must be filled.
Then I discovered Toyota sold very large cases specifically designed to address NAS. My last case was a Tundra, the full size pick up type that seats five unless it is used properly for Nikon equipment, where as it will only allow room for the driver when fully equipped. No panic attack when I realized it will pull a trailer, camper, fifth wheel, etc. Lots more room....

RRRogerThe only possible cure I can think of besides death would be Incarceration or Institutionalization.

I concur +1

end