PayPal e-mails
/forum/topic/1154517/0

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2673

I keep getting e-mails from PayPal that I need to add a back up payment source for my $9 a month fee I pay to be able to upload and use the Buy/Sell board. My funding source is my bank acount!! I suspect this is a fraud e-mail, but just alerting people. I'm not adding a credit card to be a backup fund for my $9 a month. I'm not that stupid.

vsg28
Total Posts: 1227

PayPal likes having a backup source in case there are no funds in the primary source, nothing to worry about.

jcolwell
Total Posts: 21934

The only time to get really worried about an email from PayPal, eBay, or the like is when they attach a link for you to login with. Using that link would be a bad thing to do!

P.S. this wasn't prompted by the OP question, it's simply 'an advisory' for those not in the know.

Tim Adams
Total Posts: 2673

jcolwell wrote:
The only time to get really worried about an email from PayPal, eBay, or the like is when they attach a link for you to login with. Using that link would be a bad thing to do!

P.S. this wasn't prompted by the OP question, it's simply 'an advisory' for those not in the know.

There is a link in the e-mail, and PayPal already has a number of my credit cards on file. They don't need more.

eos-m42guy
Total Posts: 3148

Were the emails addressed directly to you as in "Dear Tim Adams"? If not, then they are not from PayPal.