Zenfolio batch image replacement workaround?
/forum/topic/1154398/0

bthatton
Total Posts: 1127

Hi guys,

I am EAGERLY looking for a solution to this issue.

Scenario:

I have uploaded 800 images into a wedding gallery. Client chooses 80 for their album. I make edits to those pictures. I upload the new files with exact same file names into the original gallery with the intention of replacing the originals. Zenfolio does not recognize those files as duplicates because the file sizes are different and allows duplicate copies of the same file names into the gallery.

They are telling me that the only way to replace rather than duplicate is to select each one individually and manually choose the replace command or delete the entire gallery and re-upload.

That is awful!

Please tell me I am missing something.

hardlyboring
Total Posts: 8159

why not just make a new gallery or something real quick...

SloPhoto
Total Posts: 2461

That is annoying. Smugmug does it the way you would like... I use it frequently

Delete the old ones first?

stevez32
Total Posts: 2971

I've never had that problem using the zenfolio lightroom plugin. Are these photoshop edits?

Robin Usagani
Total Posts: 2833

Do you care about the link? I mean, do you use those original links for a blog or something? If you dont care about the link, just delete the 80 photos and reupload them. I understand what you are saying though.. I know, it sucks.

paparazzinick
Total Posts: 7384

i upload the new files and then delete the old. takes 15 minutes usually. Yea 15 mintes wasted but it works. sorry.

Bearmann
Total Posts: 1158

Not elegant, but arrange the files by upload order, so that the new ones are all together. Make a duplicate window in your browser. Using the first image window as a guide, choose and delete the duplicates in the second window.

I don't know. It's all I can think of at the moment.

By the way, there is a Zenfolio forum for requesting new functions. You should add your requeat there.

bthatton

It looks as if the Zenfolio Lightroom Plugin will accomplish what I am looking for although it takes a little bit of a learning curve to get it up and running.

Curtiss Bryant
Total Posts: 404

We make a Group Folder for out clients. From there we make galleries for each thing we do... Then if they are doing other things (engagement session, bridals, wedding, etc) we will do a group for each of those... Then inside the group folders we put a gallery of all the images (Labeled "All Images") and one for our favorites ("Photographer's Favorites). Any additional edits would go in a separate gallery. The same for album designs.

So it looks like this (Group Folder) "Joe and Sally's Wedding" > (Group Folders) "Engagment Session", "Wedding", "Bridal Portraits" > (then inside gallery folders are more galleries) "All Pictures", "Photographer's Favorites", "Bride's Album", "Parents Album", etc.

That way there is a gallery folder for everything and it keeps things organized by the type of session. After the albums are printed/finalized I simply set the gallery to "Private" and it no longer shows on the pages but its still saved online.

Robin Usagani
Total Posts: 2833

bthatton wrote:
It looks as if the Zenfolio Lightroom Plugin will accomplish what I am looking for although it takes a little bit of a learning curve to get it up and running.

good to know.. I have not used it.

bthatton

Robin I have it set up now and after testing I can confirm that you can synchronize (publish) updated image files into Zenfolio via Lightroom. This will maintain the url and any other zenfolio added value to the uploaded image.

David Holmes
Total Posts: 225

Yes, the replacement option in the Zenfolio API is very handy (essential!).