A bunch of images.
/forum/topic/1154073/0

Marty Bingham
Total Posts: 2420

1. Been shootin' a ton lately.

2. Posting a bunch of images this time but I'm cramming in three sports.

7. Every time I start to think I'm making progress I shoot some volleyball. Keeps me humble.

11. Now I am sufficiently humble. Volleyball kills me. Let's move on.

15. A nice pair of race fans.

16. As always, thanks for lookin'.

Marty

FMarquart
Total Posts: 299

Great set Marty! Did you shoot remote on #13 or was he scary close??!! Great flash on Volleyball also...

Frank

CosmicCruiser
Total Posts: 828

very nice football shots! give me some tips! CC

rddayton
Total Posts: 1048

@CosmicCruiser -- I have been asking Marty for bottle of his magic pixie dust that he liberally sprinkles on youth sports photos for years. He won't give it up. He is a magician.

Great Stuff Marty. You inspire me every time I see your stuff.

dj dunzie
Total Posts: 7020

Marty Bingham wrote:
Every time I start to think I'm making progress I shoot some volleyball. Keeps me humble.

Ain't that the truth brother!! And you done good with the V-Ball anyway!

Good to see ya keeping busy and some great images in the set... nice work. Love the eyes in the last one. Page right out of Mikey Mack's book I think. Thanks for sharing!

Marty Bingham

Frank, thanks for commenting. #13 was hand held from behind a low wall. It's hard not to flinch.

Robert, here's a tip.. .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYqnoULgD30 Other than that, hang out here on the sports corner. Post some photos, sort through the feedback, repeat.

Rick, you are too kind. With the progress you're making it won't be long til you are saying, "Marty who?"

Thanks DJ. Now if I could only get a little of your pixie dust I might get a keeper every now and then!

Marty

Russ Isabella
Total Posts: 10021

Nice set, Marty. Love the variety, and you've captured some great expressions, even from the cars!

drbob
Total Posts: 2021

Good work Marty...

bb

Next39
Total Posts: 310

Love the expression in #5! Ahhhh!! lol And man, look at the catch light in #7. Fabulous!

And you know I love your dirt track stuff.

BillP57
Total Posts: 934

Very nice set, Marty. I love the expression in #5 and it's good to know you have a backup shooter in #1.

Bill

zwilliamson
Total Posts: 42

Just started shooting volleyball, and the 7D + 70-200 f/2.8 IS II combo has been decent, images nowhere near as clean as yours though...the lighting is pretty crappy where I've been shooting. I can't even claim to be an expert, but I've had pretty good luck by watching for the dig, set, spike/kill combo near the net. Then again I've been shooting for my university and these girls look a bit younger so I'm guessing they aren't getting the same height as this athlete here

Also, maybe it's just personal preference, but I really love the drama that a slightly slower shutter speed ads

Marty Bingham

Thanks Russ. Expressions on the cars...Hmmm. I'm gonna have to ponder that one.

drbob, Next39, and BillP57 thank you for the positive feedback.

zwilliamson, I watch for the dig, set, spike/kill combo near the net too. It's catching it with the camera that causes me problems!

Thanks again guys,
Marty

sportsdadof3
Total Posts: 743

Marty - need to re-title to A bunch of damn good images! #15 is simply ... WOW. Can relate to the volleyball challenges as I have shot several games this year and still haven't figured it out.

Best to ya!

Wendell

DennisC
Total Posts: 1553

"A bunch of [GREAT] images."

Top shelf, Marty!

Marty Bingham

Thanks Dennis and Wendell. I like #15 too, think I may be stretching a little to put it in the sports corner though.

Marty