Ebay Daily Deal: 5D III Kit for $3,599
/forum/topic/1153946/0

ardvorak
Total Posts: 483

For anyone interested in the kit version, there's an ebay deal going on now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-5D-Mark-III-Digital-SLR-Camer-w-Canon-24-105mm-f-4L-USM-AF-Lens-/230857493010

bbasiaga
Total Posts: 508

Bigvalue was always listed as a non authorized dealer....I wonderf if they're status has changed or if the warranty won't be honored.

-Brian

ardvorak
Total Posts: 483

That certainly makes the sale less appealing.

bbasiaga
Total Posts: 508

I don't know. Canon price watch shows them as 'unauthorized'. Apparently though, there is a coupon for the kit at Adorama where you can get it for around $3700...still a pretty good deal.

-Brian

slee915
Total Posts: 369

I bought a 5d3 from getitdigital (not authorized dealer) through an ebay deal a few months ago. The shutter was not calibrated correctly and sometimes half the pic is black. Sent it back to Canon last month with receipt and they fixed it for free.

Dave Jr
Total Posts: 2959

They have a big blurb about imported goods, so even though it states Canon USA warranty, I'd be suspicious that this kit is grey.

1KIND
Total Posts: 342

slee915 wrote:
I bought a 5d3 from getitdigital (not authorized dealer) through an ebay deal a few months ago. The shutter was not calibrated correctly and sometimes half the pic is black. Sent it back to Canon last month with receipt and they fixed it for free.

I'm in the process of writing a guide on this whole warranty issue for both Canon and Nikon. This is definitely good to know and will be using this info on my site.

Shutterbug2006
Total Posts: 1158

1KIND wrote:
I'm in the process of writing a guide on this whole warranty issue for both Canon and Nikon. This is definitely good to know and will be using this info on my site.

Why do you need to write a guide? All people need to do is read the manufacturers warranty, and consult the laws in their country.

I'm curious about your site. You use "we" a lot - like there is more than one of you maintaining that site, but you're just a hobbyist? Wanting to become the next Ken Rockwell? Just kidding of course. But there's already a billion Photography sites wanting to deliver the latest reviews, news and deals on photography gear.

All I can do is wish you good luck. It would amount to a full-time job.

1KIND
Total Posts: 342

Shutterbug2006 wrote:
1KIND wrote:

Why do you need to write a guide? All people need to do is read the manufacturers warranty, and consult the laws in their country.

I'm curious about your site. You use "we" a lot - like there is more than one of you maintaining that site, but you're just a hobbyist? Wanting to become the next Ken Rockwell? Just kidding of course. But there's already a billion Photography sites wanting to deliver the latest reviews, news and deals on photography gear.

All I can do is wish you good luck. It would amount to a full-time job.

Unique content. Just like my comparison of fake and real Nikon OEM lens filter or how to mod a DK-17m magnifier for Nikon/Canon cameras.

It would be a one stop source for info. People too lazy to search on manufacturers website. People don't even read manuals so they definitely won't be looking at the manufacturers warranty.

Especially with people buying used gear on forums, people say that warranty isn't transferable. In reality, it technically can so as long it was never registered or serviced.

I use "we" because there is one other person who posts and I have other contributors. But I am the sole person who maintains and posts majority of the content. I'm able to juggle my full-time job and my site. My site has been up for slightly over a year and I've done video game reviews prior to this as well for 6 years.

Yes, there's plenty of photography sites that deliver news and deals but not many review gear as their main focus.