Apple Picking/Cider Making/Rain Dancing // FPJ(ish)
/forum/topic/1152638/1

end

jerbear00
Total Posts: 666

Awesome! They are having too much fun. Excellent captures

Leeuwtje
Total Posts: 756

Great mood in these images!

neighbourboy
Total Posts: 2617

Hey Zalmy, I keep meaning to come back to this one. I'm afraid if I try and do one of my full meal deal critiques, I'll never get it done, so here's the kid's meal version :-)

In general what I really loved about this one is that it seemed like such a cohesive set with the film, the setting, the clothes and everything. It all has the old school look and I think that makes it special. You say your colors are wonky, but I totally disagree. I love the tones here, I'd love to be able to replicate that (Yes I know what you're gonna say and I'll say it again "Some day, my friend").

11 - Yeah, you already know you have something special there.

I really like the series out in the orchard with them picking the apples. In particular 28 stands out as really wonderful.

Anyway, I loved it enough to keep thinking about coming back!

--David

zalmyb
Total Posts: 1556

Thanks guys.

David, I like kids meals too... The colors are very good, but not as good as they could be. I'm not sure who said it, but it's something like " if you want to take better photos, stand in front of something more interesting". The setting was very cool, and the kids had a blast, so the set came out looking very good (most of my sets are from my backyard it seems like ).

I'm still torn about using a wide angle. The photos with the beautiful medium format normal lens are just so pretty. But I'd get "better" photos with a wider angle (more story, more characters, more immersive, more information)... I heard they have these newfangled invention called a "zoom" lens. Have you heard about it? I really just need to carry around two cameras, but for family stuff it seems a little much...

Ghost
Total Posts: 2042

lovely set! I really like the finishing too. Not sure what happened to #32 though. Was there a cosmic flare?

Steady Hand
Total Posts: 15592

I enjoyed seeing these.

Well done!

I agree with Inga that in a large set like this (displayed for strangers) it is a good idea to eliminate weaker (e.g. repetitive) images to keep the entire set strong and interesting.

Given that you are the parent, that may be very difficult (and I understand).

Side note: Impressed you were using such a large, heavy, slow to shoot, and cumbersome camera...in the rain...and have made so many nice photos with it.

Sunny Sra
Total Posts: 21465

Awsome set Zalmy. Where is this place?

S. Calvino
Total Posts: 60

Great stuff zalmyb.

Nothing compares to MF film photography IMO. The look and the feel of the photos are priceless and they will never go out of style.

Keep up the good work

zalmyb

Thanks again guys. Sunny it's in Yucaipa (if I recall correctly).

S. Calvino I agree!! Love the look of MF film

Lisa_Holloway
Total Posts: 1931

Love the entire set - 11 really jumps out at me. How fun! Looks like everyone had a great time.

gheller
Total Posts: 5875

Epic set, really nice.

(32) - meh. easy to see you were going for that "accidentally opened the back of my film camera briefly" look, but I never understood processing that mimicked a mistake.

otherwise, sublime!

greg

zalmyb

Thanks Lisa!

gheller wrote:
Epic set, really nice.

(32) - meh. easy to see you were going for that "accidentally opened the back of my film camera briefly" look, but I never understood processing that mimicked a mistake.

otherwise, sublime!

greg

Thanks man! And your comment is quite funny. I wasn't going for the "accidentally opened the back of my film camera briefly" look, but I did accidentally open the back of my film camera briefly. And I was pissed.

gheller
Total Posts: 5875

zalmyb wrote:
Thanks Lisa!

gheller wrote:
Epic set, really nice.

otherwise, sublime!

greg

Thanks man! And your comment is quite funny. I wasn't going for the "accidentally opened the back of my film camera briefly" look, but I did accidentally open the back of my film camera briefly. And I was pissed.

I actually laughed out loud at this one.

thanks for the smile

Aloha

greg

eltano
Total Posts: 746

You have great memories here, well done, I really like this set a lot.

Regards

Eltano

PerlaD300
Total Posts: 297

very nice set. Great memories

end