Nicer Camera Straps
/forum/topic/1152518/3

1       2       3      
       5       end

mineymole
Total Posts: 3833

I bought the Holdfast strap system in Buffalo and it is very comfortable and I'm a gal!

Swaggart
Total Posts: 104

StephenAndrew wrote:
Question for you Money Maker owners out there - do you find the cameras swing around if you lean/bend forwards, or do they stay put by your side? I've used other dual straps before, but my main gripe was that they would swing like pendulums and bang against each other if I had to bend down. I'm using a Spider belt now, which doesn't have that problem, but the metal clips dig into my hips so I'm looking around for another solution. The Money Maker looks great, but if the cameras swing about too freely then it's a deal breaker.

Hey Stephen, they are designed to be worn as high up on the body as possible to first help eliminate swing but to also provide greater comfort over the long haul. The more camera swing and sway the more you'll body will feel it afterwords. Being that they are shoulder style straps though, if you lean forward then of course that may be an issue, although it has NOT been an issue for anyone to my knowledge. The cameras actually naturally hang behind your arms, so when you bend forward, they will hit/rest on your arms unless of course yours arms are spread out.

StephenAndrew
Total Posts: 45

Cool, thanks for the info - I might just have to give the Money Maker a whirl...

paregorike
Total Posts: 1016

I love my MM from HF. Style, comfort, AND function.
Huckleberry had them on sale for a short time, and was tempted to get a second one.

It's awesome Matt's on this site too. He can help you get your HF stuff, and a cool person.

Ron

James R
Total Posts: 5108

To those using the MM:

When not using 2 cameras, do any of you use the other side to connect a 70-200 or a lens bag with lens?

ichiban
Total Posts: 598

the_rebel wrote:
mosier wrote:
the_rebel wrote:
A friend of mine shot a wedding with me and it was the first time i saw a HF strap in person.
Unfortunately i asked him if he made it himself since i had no clue what it was
The ends of the straps started to curl a little and to me it looked like old waist belts that were re-used for a camera strap...The belt style loop and pin made it look more so Definitely wouldn't guess that it's an actual product being sold for the money they are. Doesn't matter if it's leather or not.
Functionality aside, the strap to me was ugly, and looked cheap and home made

That's interesting. I have the black water buffalo straps and have shot 6 weddings with them. They still look as new and operate perfectly. Far better then my Black Rapid straps did. To each there own I guess.

Here's what i'm talking about.
Sorry for the bad shot, the focus was not on Lew (he's on here) he just managed to step into my shot during the garter toss, but you can clearly see what i'm talking about.

With the loop rollers and the utility hoops it just looks "cheap" to me. At that point i really don't care how comfortable or functional it might be since it looks like i riveted two old leather belts together

I personally use a Camera Slingers harness....it's far from the best, their customer service leaves much to be desired, and the price is outrageous, but that the time i got it, it was the best i can get, and looks very incognito when i wear it. It could use a connecting strap on the back to prevent cameras from swinging when leaning.

looks to me that he's wearing it upside down too? Just got the MM as a present, first impressions of it are great so far, we'll see what I think once i shoot a couple of weddings with it.

Joshua Gull
Total Posts: 347

First and foremost, that MM is on upside down.

ckhagen
Total Posts: 2132

I'm personally loving the Spider holster. I thought (being a girl) it was going to dig into my hip bones, but it doesn't at all for me. I can wear it all day with zero fatigue. I love that I can easily hand a camera to someone (second or assistant) without having to unscrew it from something first. There's no straps sliding all over. I really liked my black rapid, but like Jeff, the pads would slide forward or back all the time and I was constantly adjusting them. Oh and I can wear this spider over dresses, which is fab.

morby
Total Posts: 914

ckhagen wrote:
I'm personally loving the Spider holster. I thought (being a girl) it was going to dig into my hip bones, but it doesn't at all for me. I can wear it all day with zero fatigue. I love that I can easily hand a camera to someone (second or assistant) without having to unscrew it from something first. There's no straps sliding all over. I really liked my black rapid, but like Jeff, the pads would slide forward or back all the time and I was constantly adjusting them. Oh and I can wear this spider over dresses, which is fab.

I'm all for the spider belt as well. The are so easy to use and having the weight at my hips, rather than my shoulders, has helped me tremendously!

joelconner
Total Posts: 3757

ckhagen wrote:

Do you use the one that includes the belt, or do you just have the one that slips onto a belt you already have? My wife is looking to get one, but the huge bulky belt one turned her off...you ladies and your fashions ;-)

ckhagen
Total Posts: 2132

I'm using the belt that they sell with it. it's really not as bulky as I thought it was going to be (even after having already seen it). It's necessary because the padding built in is what keeps it stable and from digging. I'll have to see if I can get someone to snap a couple pics of it on me. I'm only 5'3" and like 115lbs, so if it were really bulky, I wouldn't be able to wear it.

joelconner
Total Posts: 3757

ckhagen wrote:
I'm using the belt that they sell with it. it's really not as bulky as I thought it was going to be (even after having already seen it). It's necessary because the padding built in is what keeps it stable and from digging. I'll have to see if I can get someone to snap a couple pics of it on me. I'm only 5'3" and like 115lbs, so if it were really bulky, I wouldn't be able to wear it.

she is about 5'5" and c. 110 lbs, so pretty close to you..would love to see a pick if you find one. We actually already bought the setup once, but we sent it back because it looked too bulky to her...but she never even tried it on

skiboarder72
Total Posts: 112

I 2nd the vote for the spider holster! I bought last month at Imaging USA after using traditional straps for the past 7 years. What a difference! Absolutely love it!

salmanphoto
Total Posts: 66

Black rapid FTW

Airphoto
Total Posts: 572

nice post

G-Gore
Total Posts: 421

This strap caught my eye lately:

http://www.vultureequipmentworks.com/

JazzyMac
Total Posts: 525

I use Capturing Couture for all my straps. They have some masculine designs, but very nice, pretty comfortable and cheaper than Riley.

Swaggart
Total Posts: 104

James R wrote:
To those using the MM:

When not using 2 cameras, do any of you use the other side to connect a 70-200 or a lens bag with lens?

Hey James, I know of several people that will rig up lens pouches on the empty side and a camera on the other. In fact, I have several I've built as prototypes and they work extremely well. Light and fast for changing lenses on the go.

amonline
Total Posts: 6751

I've played with other's straps from time to time out of curiosity. Honestly, I've yet to find anything better, more functional, or more comfortable than my RS-7. Actually, the RS-7 is the most comfortable strap I've ever used. Several people that have tried mine in passing have ended up buying one. I doubt I'll ever buy another strap again.

TractionAction
Total Posts: 98

Check out OP/TECH USA I believe they also make the Canon CPS strap. You can even get your own custom design screened on the strap.

1       2       3      
       5       end