6D - no "WOW" feeling?
/forum/topic/1151415/7

1       2       3              7      
       end

David Baldwin
Total Posts: 2830

Actually Ralph that is a very good question! Will the 6D have a 12 or 18 month production life like a Rebel or a 3 year life like a 5 series? Surely the 6Ds specification is so modest that it will look incredibly old fashioned if it has to go the full 3 years route?

StillFingerz
Total Posts: 3401

Got out today to my local Cal's Camera and for the heck of it tried out the 5D3 and 60D, both gripped, with the 24-105L. The 5D3 is an amazing camera, just a bit bigger body wise (or so it seems) than my 40/50Ds, felt beefy, quite substantial in hand...I want came to mind along with a smile.

The 60D was next and to my surprise the mushy QCD/Joystick combo had changed, was firmer than the 1st I had tried several months back...this combined control might actually work better do to my still finger issues and it's weight, lack of heft a big plus and the articulated LCD loved like the G12.

The 60D and 6D might make a nice combo...6+ FPS is tough to give up tho, I'll most likely just sans one of my croppers and add the 6D to my kit...a hands on will be the decider...a lighter weight body is really attractive...I'm getting old

thw2
Total Posts: 2855

David Baldwin wrote:
Actually Ralph that is a very good question! Will the 6D have a 12 or 18 month production life like a Rebel or a 3 year life like a 5 series? Surely the 6Ds specification is so modest that it will look incredibly old fashioned if it has to go the full 3 years route?

The entry level Canon 1000D had a lifespan of 3 (2008 to 2011) years... Canon just allowed the price to drop steadily... I suspect that is gonna be the fate for 6D too..

Ralph Conway
Total Posts: 3833

I would like to know if those 1000D/1100D are succesful in sales. For only 200 more you can get a 600D, what imo is much more of a camera.

But back to topic myself. Interesting that there are already suggestions about lifespan and the follow up of a camera that was just announced and is not available yet ...

R.

David Baldwin
Total Posts: 2830

Yes Ralph, normally I wouldn't be thinking about the longevity of a new body so very soon, but the 6Ds specification is hardly "future proof". I would say its rather old fashioned in fact. Its hard to believe this camera will still be the current model in 2015 with its 2009 specification. But there again, I've already accepted that this camera is entirely about price. If the price drops low enough perhaps it will last without being Mk2d up.

Am editing with the following interesting comparison:

http://www.digitalreviewcanada.com/2012/10/02/nikon-d600-vs-canon-6d-compared/

1       2       3              7      
       end