Austin // Senior
/forum/topic/1151014/1

end

hardlyboring
Total Posts: 8169

one of the best senior sessions I have ever seen and that is 100% serious no bull involved.
amazing work dude you NEED to be doing this full time

neighbourboy
Total Posts: 2617

Thanks Rian.

Doug, dude you are waaay to nice to me, bro! Thanks much, it means a lot.

Donald, in the shot that you are talking about, all I'm doing is using the tilt (no shift). I probably had it tilted all the way up and used a fairly wide aperture. If that doesn't make sense, feel free to PM me with any questions, I'm always happy to try and help out.

--David

misternikko
Total Posts: 1418

love the variation in these. seems you're a full on senior portrait photographer too! Great stuff, David! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa_Holloway
Total Posts: 1931

David - these are AWESOME! What a wonderful, fun, creative series. He's a good looking kid!

Andrew Welsh
Total Posts: 4956

fortuitous crow in 3 upper left

Good things happen when you're bored and just walking around. The photos are nice if devoid of any *special* meaning. But they sure ought to sell well. Doug is right, this sort of thing could make you big bucks, put together with the right presentation. It's different and interesting compared to traditional studio stuff.

neighbourboy

Thank you so much, Nikko, Lisa and Andrew. The three of you are fantastic, so it means a lot.

I'm glad you noticed that crow. Just as I was about to click, I saw it outta the corner of my eye and was hoping that I caught it in time, while still in the blue, but wasn't sure I made it, until looking at it later.

--David

benee
Total Posts: 1731

Just out of curiousity, do you shoot much professionally? You certainly have the chops!

neighbourboy

Hey Ben, good to hear from you. I don't really do it professionally per se. In the last year or so, some of the executive assistants in the company I work for, have gotten wind that I do this a bit as a hobby and I've had the privilege of shooting a couple of big events for my company. That's probably the closest thing to pro photography I've done. Unfortunately, I don't have permission to post those event photos publicly, though.

ultimaterowdy
Total Posts: 620

well, you may have a 2nd career waiting. these are really fantastic. locations, comps, crops, colors, variety. very enjoyable set.

end