6D - hands on & first experience
/forum/topic/1150348/34

1       2       3              34      
       36       end

StillFingerz
Total Posts: 3204

A full on language tutorial, they call me mutt, my family tree knocks on just about every door in the EU; mostly the norther region, but even a few USA southern teepees. I'm of such mixed blood that I speak mostly my native tongue...surfer

It would be gnarly if the 6D had a built-in language translator, it might say...

Peter, un autre grand oiseau en vol et l'image avec la 6D et 800L, tout simplement incroyable, comment l'équilibre?

PetKal
Total Posts: 24075

StillFingerz wrote:
A full on language tutorial, they call me mutt, my family tree knocks on just about every door in the EU; mostly the norther region, but even a few USA southern teepees. I'm of such mixed blood that I speak mostly my native tongue...surfer

It would be gnarly if the 6D had a built-in language translator, it might say...

Peter, un autre grand oiseau en vol et l'image avec la 6D et 800L, tout simplement incroyable, comment l'équilibre?

Jerry's mother tongue is Surfer......that is hilarious. (-: (-:

Ralph Conway
Total Posts: 3827

I do not remember how this started. The thead originally was about early 6D experiences.
But no matter how this started. It is like it is. In germany 6D (six Dee) is spoken more like "sex D" (the "ee" in Dee is pronounced different, too - the Dee sounds more like a De where the "e" is more like the "e" of environment, I guess).

Sounds here like it feels (in my hands) ... very sexy!

danb121
Total Posts: 187

outlawyer wrote:

That's one great thing about Europe.......just about all reasonably educated people can make some use of languages other than their mother tongue, and that is considered quite normal

Conversely, one tragic thing about America is that we have a chief executive who thinks "Austrian" is a language.

Not if you're British... the rest of Europe put us to shame… Ralphs grasp of the English language is better than some of those that claim it as thier native tounge

outlawyer
Total Posts: 1397

I speak fluent cat.
And Ralph, the 6D does feel great! Best rubberizing I've encountered. And the Meinke(sp?) aftermarket grip is almost a perfect match, at least so far.

Ralph Conway

Thank you, danb121 . But my english is not good enough. It needs more practice than I give it.

@ outlawyer:
I know it feels great. Didn´t I start this thread mentioning this?
Would you post some pictures of the Meinke attached to the 6D?

This is my complain about companies like Canon instead of camera prices: Offering a grip, a lens collar or hood at 10-15% of the body/lens price is a shame. There is no excuse why a lens collar or hood is sold seperately, imo. No matter if not everybody needs it and how "cheap" the lens might be.

StillFingerz
Total Posts: 3204

Ralph Conway wrote:
Thank you, danb121 . But my english is not good enough. It needs more practice than I give it.

@ outlawyer:
I know it feels great. Didn´t I start this thread mentioning this?
Would you post some pictures of the Meinke attached to the 6D?

This is my complain about companies like Canon instead of camera prices: Offering a grip, a lens collar or hood at 10-15% of the body/lens price is a shame. There is no excuse why a lens collar or hood is sold seperately, imo. No matter if not everybody needs it and how "cheap" the lens might be.

Ralph, here's a photo of the 6D with the above mentioned grip...
http://www.amazon.com/BestDealUSA-Vertical-Multi-Power-BG-E13-Battery/dp/B00AWLRLYK/ref=pd_sim_e_4

Ralph Conway

Good morning (here), Jerry. Thank you. But as far I see, this shot shows the original Canon 6D promo picture hanging at my wall since 4 month. It does not show the "Meike" in my opinion.

thw2
Total Posts: 2813

Ralph: you've been talking about the 6D for the longest time. Isn't it about time for you to get one yourself?

Ralph Conway

thw2 wrote:
Ralph: you've been talking about the 6D for the longest time. Isn't it about time for you to get one yourself?

yes! Decission has been made already. I purchased my 5D II half a year after sales started. I have some jobs to do in February. I do not like to start with a new body within. After them I will decide how to finance the purchase. Do not worry. I will let everybody know as soon as I got it.

D. Diggler
Total Posts: 5396

So who has tried the above Meike grip? Any feedback?

mikegrados
Total Posts: 171

I'm currently using my 6D in the hospital with my wife. Keeping family back home up to date with the progress of the delivery. It's tied to my tablet on which I'm doing minor edits. Only lens I brought was my 40/2.8. It's all working perfectly!

Doctorbird
Total Posts: 649

One can hear all about the 6D here if you're fortunate to be nearby, or want to travel far:

http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/events_calendar/event_details/cll_events/20130220_eos6d_indepth_pro_cll.shtml

The speaker, Rudy Winston, seems to be always very engaging.

Db

Ralph Conway

This is a bit to far away from my place for my taste ...

Ralph Conway

Hell! Those samples ( http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1176041 ) are so good! I think I can not wait much longer to get the 6D ...

Ralph Conway

I could. Better: I had to wait.

But yesterday I recieved a mail from "outlawyer":

Guten morgen Ralphie

This guy gets a lot of flack here, but I like him, just thought you might be interested in this

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/6d.htm

The 6D is without a doubt the best camera I have ever owned. But I can't bring myself to let go of my old 5DC, which is now the second best camera I have ever owned

Wiedersehen!

Ken might be not anybodies favorite blogger. But what he wrote about 6D is what I think myself.
I will find out soon, I guess.

Ralph

Ralph Conway

Finally I purchased it. And to close this thread, read my review (no link but second page).

Thank you to anybody following this thread. Thank you to all the early purchasers, who made me sure. I saw your pics and the dream went on. Now it is just reality.

Thank you.

Elfraim
Total Posts: 111

Thanks for all the information here, Hope you enjoy your new toy

Ralph Conway

Purchased mine January 16th at least.
After nearly 6 month I find myself completely happy and comfortable with this body.
In my opinion Canon did an excellent job on it. I also got along with the missing joystick.
I miss it and still would prefere it. But after a few days I got used to the "multi tool".

jcolwell
Total Posts: 20234

Thanks for the update, Ralph. I like mine, too.

1       2       3              34      
       36       end