/forum/topic/1150348/33

1       2       3              33      
       35       36       end

Ralph Conway
Total Posts: 3833

Oh, I forgot to mention wifi.

danb121
Total Posts: 187

I used the wifi for a photo the other day, without that feature it would have been very difficult to get the shot, although an flip out screen would have done the job too... I'll post it when it's ready

kewlcanon
Total Posts: 4414

Too bad Canon crippled its AF .

Ralph Conway

danb121 wrote:
I used the wifi for a photo the other day, without that feature it would have been very difficult to get the shot, although an flip out screen would have done the job too... I'll post it when it's ready

... looking foreward.

eosfun
Total Posts: 2120

kewlcanon wrote:

They only do that to people with crippled wallet.
Have EOSfun

danb121
Total Posts: 187

AF is fine

Ralph Conway

kewlcanon wrote:

It depends on to what you compare. AF looks better in any way compared to my 5D II, that was already good and served me the last 3.7 years like no other camera did before. The only thing I wished enhanced where ISO capabilities. Additional 6D overcomes 5D II in any other aspect (except Canon crippled the joystick ), it is 500$ cheaper than my 5D II was years ago. If I would come from 5D III and 1D X I might think the AF is crippled too, I guess. But I do not.

In my opinion "crippeling" is losing what you had before. Based upon it is FF the AF might look "crippled" if you comes from 5D III or (some) 1-series bodies. But if, why one should step down?

PetKal
Total Posts: 24090

Ralph Conway wrote:
I generally agree with your comment, Peter.
But no frills? A (slightly) better sensor performance, the higher sensitivity of the reliable center AF point and the great weight/form factor at 1000 bucks less (next to bread and butter) really thrill me.

Ralph

Yes, Ralph, but those features you mention could be regarded as substantial improvements aimed at base IQ, and basic operability.
However, the camera has some little "frills" that seems to thrill many, such as WiFi.

Ralph Conway

As always you are right, Obi Wan Petkobi ...

PetKal

BTW, Ralph, I thought of you last night when I was ordering the original Sacher torte.
After 5 minutes of a struggle trying to follow the ordering information in German, I realised that they also had an English version of the whole thing.
That's one great thing about Europe.......just about all reasonably educated people can make some use of languages other than their mother tongue, and that is considered quite normal.

Ralph Conway

My name is english/irish. My roots are french, arab, indish and german. So can you explain, why you thought of me when ordering an austrian cake?

Yes, europeans are great! Canadians are not worse either. At least you needed ONLY 5 minutes. But how did you get to the point to use a 6D depending thread to give all the world the information that you ordered an austrian cake? Is it pancake related?

PetKal

Ralph Conway wrote:
My name is english/irish. My roots are french, arab, indish and german. So can you explain, why you thought of me when ordering an austrian cake?

Austrian and German......to us here differences are very subtle.......they all speak German, don't they ? You are a German too, although you might even have a Zulu warrior in your ancestry far back.

kewlcanon

I come from 7D, 19 cross points AF . For cheaper price I could get *cough cough* something else Mr. Fruitcake .

Ralph Conway wrote:
kewlcanon wrote:

In my opinion "crippeling" is losing what you had before. Based upon it is FF the AF might look "crippled" if you comes from 5D III or (some) 1-series bodies. But if, why one should step down?

Ralph Conway

Yes, I know. But 7D is not FF. And 7Ds IQ at ISO 1600 and above (what I have to use often) can not compare. The crop sensor is "crippled" compared to 5D, 5D II and 6D imo for some few $ less.

All lays in the eye of the beholder, right? From those 19 cross points I would use the center one and that one is crippled in reliability to 5D II and 6D imo, too.

Ralph Conway

PetKal wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:

Austrian and German......to us here differences are very subtle.......they all speak German, don't they ? You are a German too, although you might even have a Zulu warrior in your ancestry far back.

I have to check this ... but ... moment ... - doen´t we have all one in our ancestry far back?

kewlcanon

For you, you only need 1 AF I guess .

Ralph Conway wrote:
Yes, I know. But 7D is not FF. And 7Ds IQ at ISO 1600 and above (what I have to use often) can not compare. The crop sensor is "crippled" compared to 5D, 5D II and 6D imo for some few $ less.

All lays in the eye of the beholder, right? From those 19 cross points I would use the center one and that one is crippled in reliability to 5D II and 6D imo, too.

Ralph Conway

kewlcanon wrote:
For you, you only need 1 AF I guess .

Ralph Conway wrote:

In about 80%, yes. in 15% (I guess) I focus manual. I use outer points when I have plenty of time or when I am really forced to use a tripod, only. That case is not given often to me.

outlawyer
Total Posts: 1404

That's one great thing about Europe.......just about all reasonably educated people can make some use of languages other than their mother tongue, and that is considered quite normal

Conversely, one tragic thing about America is that we have a chief executive who thinks "Austrian" is a language.

PetKal

outlawyer wrote:

That's one great thing about Europe.......just about all reasonably educated people can make some use of languages other than their mother tongue, and that is considered quite normal

Conversely, one tragic thing about America is that we have a chief executive who thinks "Austrian" is a language.

Yes, that goes to show that yapiness should not be confused with good education and culture.
However, on this continent we also often hear about the Chinese language (or Swiss, or Mexican, etc) from all sides.

outlawyer
Total Posts: 1404

PetKal wrote:
outlawyer wrote:

Yes, that goes to show that yapiness should not be confused with good education and culture.
However, on this continent we also often hear about the Chinese language (or Swiss, or Mexican, etc) from all sides.

Fortunately you and I can communicate just fine, as Canadian and American are so similar

1       2       3              33      
       35       36       end