6D - hands on & first experience
/forum/topic/1150348/25

1       2       3              25      
       27              34       35       end

pixelpix
Total Posts: 376

Not sure if I mentioned this earlier, but Capture One 7 supports 6D also.

Ralph Conway
Total Posts: 3757

I use lightroom and like itīs (my) workflow. I do not like to learn about an other raw developing software, just because I get a new camera ...

pixelpix
Total Posts: 376

Thankfully I have been CapOne user for years.

Ralph Conway

Some people here at FM mentioned the 6Ds "cheap" plastik build, afir.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy4l5_Yv4QU

Does not look "cheap" to me, nor does it feel.

Ralph Conway

Hello FM community.

When I started this thread 3 month ago I was enthusiastic but not sure about this new camera. Now I am sure, 6D will be my next body. The camera is out for sale and there are a couple of threads running, showing its capabilities.

I wich all you here at FM a great start into the new year, luck, success and - of course - health and much pleasure in going out and shooting, no matter wich camera you use.

Thank you for all your thoughts, questions and the information many of you put in.

Ralph

RobDickinson
Total Posts: 3205

Ralph Conway wrote:

Feels better than a 5d2 to me, I like the coating/grip etc.

Shutterbug2006
Total Posts: 826

Ralph Conway wrote:
Hello FM community.

When I started this thread 3 month ago I was enthusiastic but not sure about this new camera. Now I am sure, 6D will be my next body. The camera is out for sale and there are a couple of threads running, showing its capabilities.

I wich all you here at FM a great start into the new year, luck, success and - of course - health and much pleasure in going out and shooting, no matter wich camera you use.

Thank you for all your thoughts, questions and the information many of you put in.

Ralph

You won't be disappointed. But while the 6D doesn't feel cheap, I'm reluctant to use it outdoors in inclement weather, so for that reason, I'll be keeping my 1Ds2.

But I keep tripping over my feet in trying to express how much I like this camera.

P.S. Happy new year to you, too.

Ralph Conway

RobDickinson wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:

Shutterbug2006 wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:
Hello FM community.

Ralph

You won't be disappointed. But while the 6D doesn't feel cheap, I'm reluctant to use it outdoors in inclement weather, so for that reason, I'll be keeping my 1Ds2.

But I keep tripping over my feet in trying to express how much I like this camera.

Thank you.

I always used my 5D II (and former bodies) in any weather (I did not shoot in heavy rain though) never getting in troubble. I am pretty sure I will do same with 6D and trust upon its seal.

Ralph

RobDickinson

Seals look as good or better than the 7d.

Survived a wave yesterday

Ralph Conway

One of those?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1176041/3#11227822

RobDickinson

Ah about 10min earlier just round the corner..

Ralph Conway

So it was still working.

RobDickinson

Yeah, balancing on rocks with no space between me and the break getting dive bombed by gulls trying to clean filters and dry the 6d off wasnt so much fun

hugodrax
Total Posts: 894

RobDickinson wrote:
Yeah, balancing on rocks with no space between me and the break getting dive bombed by gulls trying to clean filters and dry the 6d off wasnt so much fun

Well at least now I know the 6D has salt water resistance.

hugodrax
Total Posts: 894

Ralph Conway wrote:
RobDickinson wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:

Shutterbug2006 wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:
Hello FM community.

Ralph

Thank you.

I always used my 5D II (and former bodies) in any weather (I did not shoot in heavy rain though) never getting in troubble. I am pretty sure I will do same with 6D and trust upon its seal.

Ralph

MY short term time with the 6D The body sure did not feel or look cheap. The shape definately fits nice and it has a nice texture feel to it as well. It feel like a high quality Japanese SLR.

I have used my 20D in all kinds of weather (except heavy downpours) shooting in a fire with soot and smoke and it has survived as well. so I am pretty confident the 6D will do fine.

Ralph Conway

hugodrax wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:
RobDickinson wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:

Shutterbug2006 wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:
Hello FM community.

Ralph

Thank you.

Ralph

MY short term time with the 6D The body sure did not feel or look cheap. The shape definately fits nice and it has a nice texture feel to it as well. It feel like a high quality Japanese SLR.

I have used my 20D in all kinds of weather (except heavy downpours) shooting in a fire with soot and smoke and it has survived as well. so I am pretty confident the 6D will do fine.

Latter is my experience, too (with EOS D60, 30D, 40D, 50D and 5D II). I used them in any weather except heavy rain and dried/cleaned them hundreds of times with shirt/tissue. Never ever one failed. My D60 one time was laying on a desk outsite all night in rain and it was drenched. After drying it for 12 hours it worked fine for another year till shutter broke.

To come back to 6D: Your first experience is mine too, from the very first moment. Size, shape and texture felt like it was "glued" (comfortable) to my right hand like an extension, made for me.

Ralph

Shutterbug2006
Total Posts: 826

I used my 20D in all kinds of crappy weather without incident.

It was just one bad experience with my 5D2 that made me think I was playing with fire taking these non-1D bodies out in the rain.

XsigmaSD
Total Posts: 485

Ralph Conway wrote:

To come back to 6D: Your first experience is mine too, from the very first moment. Size, shape and texture felt like it was "glued" (comfortable) to my right hand like an extension, made for me.

Ralph

I have to agree here Ralph, I really think Canon did some homework on this one, I have to give them credit. And I'm coming from 3 years of using my DsMkIII.

onegreatcity
Total Posts: 1196

Ralph,
I've been following this thread at a distance for some time. I can honestly say I had no interest in the 6D when it was announced but my resistance is beginning to fail. Having moved from a 40D to a 7D, then to the 1dIII, each felt a bit bigger in the hand and I was happy with the ergonomics of the increasingly larger bodies. Now that images are emerging along with first hand user testimonials, I decided to head to my local shop and see the 6D for myself.

First impression: I wish it was a wee bit bigger but I did like the fit and finish (quite grippy). Button layout and menus were all foreign of course but surely a person could get used to it. Long story short, I liked it enough to arrange a return trip in the new year. I will take one or two of my own lenses and a memory card so I can return home with images to assess.

If I could manage to keep my 1dIII I would, but at this time I must remain a one body guy . I'll weigh in again once I've spent more time playing but in the meantime, thank you for starting this thread and happy new year (to all)!
-Cam

RobDickinson

I'm struggling to get used to the zoom in ergonomics, af point selection is a bit of a pain too. Otherwise its nice to use.

1       2       3              25      
       27              34       35       end