6D - hands on & first experience
/forum/topic/1150348/24

1       2       3              24      
       26              35       36       end

Glenn NK
Total Posts: 486

I was informed (rather abruptly on another forum when I suggested just removing the original protector and installing a new one) that the newer Canon's make this rather difficult - at least not as easy as it used to be.

Somehow it seems to me that the LCD protector on Canons is probably the toughest part, and would take more impact abuse than any other part.

So if the LCD protector is getting scratched, what's happening to everything else?

Just a thought - anyone else?

I agree about them being a solution in search of a problem - well put.

The trouble with using a protector is that then people will think you have a Nikon.

Glenn

D. Diggler
Total Posts: 5527

Glenn NK wrote:

it seems to me that the LCD protector on Canons is probably the toughest part, and would take more impact abuse than any other part

That's not the way it is, though. Most of my LCDs are scratched but the rest of the body is fine. All the LCD is is clear plastic. Take an unfolded paperclip end to it and you could lay a scratch on the LCD.

michael49
Total Posts: 5400

juanpesandi wrote:
It's my first time buying a screen protector. That's why I'm asking. I don't know what size or model I am looking for, because currently there is no screen protector that says it is for the 6D.

The new glass (GGS) LCD protectors are what I use on all of my cameras. They are inexpensive, the don't scratch easily and are easy to clean.

Personally, I would much rather replace one of these than the OEM one. I wouldn't mind a few small scratches on the LCD, but it really makes a big difference when you go to sell you camera.

D. Diggler
Total Posts: 5527

michael49 wrote:

The new glass (GGS) LCD protectors are what I use on all of my cameras.

GGS is the one I started using a few months back. It is now scratched up but just imagine if those scratches were on the LCD, itself.

kapytalyst
Total Posts: 692

Scratches on a camera body are normal and expected with use - but scratches on a LCD display take the camera on a resale nose-dive. I don't use them, but that's actually a foolish decision.

mikegrados
Total Posts: 171

To get this thread back on topic, I just want to say that after driving an hour and a half I was finally able to fondle a 6D. I've got to agree that it does feel good, although I wasn't able to do anything more than that...they had to dig it out of the stock room and didn't have any on display.

As soon as Adobe starts supporting it, it'll be my next camera.

BrianO
Total Posts: 8547

mikegrados wrote: ...I was finally able to fondle a 6D. I've got to agree that it does feel good, although I wasn't able to do anything more than that...

Careful; I think that's illegal in 29 states.

Ralph Conway
Total Posts: 3833

mikegrados wrote:
To get this thread back on topic, I just want to say that after driving an hour and a half I was finally able to fondle a 6D. I've got to agree that it does feel good, although I wasn't able to do anything more than that...they had to dig it out of the stock room and didn't have any on display.

I guess this will be pretty soon ...

danb121
Total Posts: 187

Ralph Conway wrote:
mikegrados wrote:

Hopefully but the adobe forums are saying that 6D support isn't in the beta of LR4.3 ??
Other than waiting for the first price drop adobe support is another big factorů what's the point of having a shiny new camera and no ability to post process

Ralph Conway

danb121 wrote:
Hopefully but the adobe forums are saying that 6D support isn't in the beta of LR4.3 ??
Other than waiting for the first price drop adobe support is another big factorů what's the point of having a shiny new camera and no ability to post process

As far I remember this is the point with many (if not most) new cameras. Regulary it is solved fast.

ciprian.trofin
Total Posts: 373

danb121 wrote:

True, but it's possible 6D support will be added in LR 4.3 final.

mikegrados
Total Posts: 171

BrianO wrote:
mikegrados wrote: ...I was finally able to fondle a 6D. I've got to agree that it does feel good, although I wasn't able to do anything more than that...

Nice...

Ralph Conway

Yes. And welcome in the club (not beeing able to do more than that ...).

StillFingerz
Total Posts: 3335

mikegrados wrote:
BrianO wrote:

Nice...

Only in mind so far...as for illegal, sure hope not

Yakim Peled
Total Posts: 16903

mikegrados wrote:
I don't know about your 6Dc, but here's one for the 6DIII

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Screen-Protector-Canon-EOS-6D-Mark-III-/180995867229

Oh my, technology develops so fast these days...

Happy shooting,
Yakim.

CW100
Total Posts: 4402

danb121 wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:
mikegrados wrote:

use DPP and save the TIFF file for Photoshop

danb121

CW100 wrote:
danb121 wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:
mikegrados wrote:

Yes I'm aware of that work around but it does add another step to the post processing... I'm sure that it wouldn't be a problem for long.

CW100
Total Posts: 4402

danb121 wrote:
CW100 wrote:
danb121 wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:
mikegrados wrote:

Yes I'm aware of that work around but it does add another step to the post processing... I'm sure that it wouldn't be a problem for long.

no, it won't but Adobe makes you continually get the upgrade

danb121

CW100 wrote:
danb121 wrote:
CW100 wrote:
danb121 wrote:
Ralph Conway wrote:
mikegrados wrote:

no, it won't but Adobe makes you continually get the upgrade

Too true but these small start-up companies have to find a way to make some cash...

Ralph Conway

"Stoffer" wrote LR 4.3 final is out and it supports 6D:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1173650/0#11187732

1       2       3              24      
       26              35       36       end