Benro Tripod parts
/forum/topic/1150100/0

2       end

JameelH
Total Posts: 1796

I was shooting on the beach and got some sand in the tripod joints. While dismantling and cleaning it, I misplaced and lost a small plastic bushing. Any idea where I can get one. Is there a benro rep on the forum?

thanks

dcains
Total Posts: 7393

This might be a good place to begin:

http://www.benrousa.com/products_catalog_TripodReplacementParts.html

JameelH

I did and it essentially has carrying cases listed. I have sent them email at the contact address mentioned on that site. Keeping my fingers crossed and hopes up.

dcains

Good luck, and please keep the thread updated for other Benro users, or those perhaps considering one.

M635_Guy
Total Posts: 2334

I'd call one of their dealers...

sjms
Total Posts: 18978

why not just try to call the distributer. its easy to do:

For written correspondence please write to:
MAC Group BENRO Division
75 Virginia Road
North White Plains, NY 10603

Or you may fax 24 hours a day, or phone between hours of 9AM and 5:30PM EST, Monday through Friday.
Phone: 914-347-3300
Fax: 914-347-3309

peter_n
Total Posts: 839

If the above links don't work my eBay Benro dealer helped another forum member in Kazakhstan with some hard-to-get Benro parts. His name is D. Chan and he's a good guy. His store on eBay is dc-stuffs.

JameelH

Thanks for the pointers. I will call the distributor and go from there.

JameelH

The MAC group hasn't been much of a help as they don't carry this model and isn't even in their database. I will try the ebay seller and see if he can.

JameelH

peter_n wrote:
If the above links don't work my eBay Benro dealer helped another forum member in Kazakhstan with some hard-to-get Benro parts. His name is D. Chan and he's a good guy. His store on eBay is dc-stuffs.

D Chan was very helpful. The parts should be on the way now. Thanks Peter for the reference.

sjms

Kind of a ways to go for parts but happy you're getting them. Says a lot about Benro too.

JameelH

Benro is selling different models in different markets. The one I have is not sold by Benro officially in the US. Dealers like dc_stuffs (ebay) and HolgaCamera.net are selling these from overseas.

peter_n

JameelH wrote: D Chan was very helpful. The parts should be on the way now. Thanks Peter for the reference.

He's great! Glad to hear he could look after you.

JameelH wrote:
Benro is selling different models in different markets. The one I have is not sold by Benro officially in the US. Dealers like dc_stuffs (ebay) and HolgaCamera.net are selling these from overseas.

You're correct, these two guys are very reputable and have excellent prices. It's really unfortunate but Benro's best models are not sold by Benro USA, you have to buy them from mainland China. Based on a sample of one I'm now in my third year with my Benro C2680T travel tripod and it's still going great. I sold the Gitzo 1541T months ago.

sjms

How many different models can they produce? It makes things difficult in the long run for the consumer.

JameelH

They do have a lot of different models. Both manfrotto style with flip locks as well as gitzo style with non locking rotating locks. As Peter mentioned, their top models are not sold in US, not sure why. I also have the C2680T that Peter has (with a photoclam ballhead) and the C3780 which is top notch solid product that I have been using for a few months now and love it. These are substantially cheaper than gitzos and so far I am happy.

vsg28
Total Posts: 1227

Ya, I was just about to say the same thing. Their top end models are only available via eBay and also for $150-200 less than the older models here in the USA. I am very happy with my C2682.

dcains

I know you guys are trying to put a nice "spin" on this, but not having a reliable source of parts seems like it would be a big issue for some. Looks like the OP will be without his tripod for at least a few weeks, maybe more. Add to that the time spent searching for the parts. As for the "top end" Benro models not being sold in the US, this sounds like more chicanery and trying to confuse/steer their buyers into the Induro line, which from the beginning have been the same products with a higher markup. What would have happened if the OP had a major warranty claim?

JameelH

Actually the parts are on the way and I should have it sometime next week.

The specific model is not available as an Induro either.

I didn't have to look for parts for a gitzo or manfrotto that I had in the past so not sure how easy/difficult it is to get them. I know RRS should be lot easier to deal with. Then again I can buy two of Benro for the price of a RRS/Gitzo of the same spec and probably would do that if it was mission critical for me. I am a hobbyist and so not having the tripod available isn't a big deal. I have a smaller/lighter which worked out for me.

Btw, holgacamera.net also responded (I should have gone to them rather than the official Benro agent) and they are sending me the part gratis. Of course I already bought one from the ebay dealer - it was only $7.50 incl. shipping.

vsg28
Total Posts: 1227

Benro and Induro are becoming their own separate identities more and more with time. Sure, they share a lot of models still but you will see all the recent models are unique.

peter_n

sjms wrote: How many different models can they produce? It makes things difficult in the long run for the consumer.

Their product line-up is an absolute maze, no question. What's also really annoying is that they tinker with the specs and then don't update them on the Chinese web site so if some anal person notices a discrepancy somewhere you're answering questions forever (I reviewed a Benro tripod and maintain that long thread on another forum).

Having said all that the good part is that the tripods are very good value for money. I was very sorely tempted by the RRS TQC-14 but then I compared the specs with mine and decided to keep my humble Benro. It's really well made and apparently durable. Parts are easily and quickly available and the tripod is now overkill for my digital camera as I've dumped the DSLR and gone mirrorless. It's not broke so I'm not fixin' it.

2       end